Two books are coming up on Innovation Engineering

Pradyot

Mar 5, 2011, 11:15:41 AM3/5/11
to OSScamp Delhi
Hi All
Two books are coming up on Innovation Engineering :-

* Pradyot Sahu - An Introduction to Innovation Engineering
* Pradyot Sahu - Simple Innovation Engineering for Innovators and
Managers

Both will be available through Amazon.com distribution.

I shall post several free materials and simple tools in the coming
weeks in the

Internet. You do not have to buy anything to know and/or learn
Innovation Engineering -

the NEW discipline of Innovation and Engineering (by application of
engineering concepts

to Innovation)

The links will be posted at
http://www.facebook.com/innoengineering
and LinkedIn group, "Innovation Engineering Forum"
http://www.linkedin.com/groups?mostPopular=&gid=3759712

Thanks
Pradyot
http://www.crunchbase.com/person/pradyot-sahu

Kinshuk Sunil

Mar 6, 2011, 1:33:12 PM3/6/11
to osscam...@googlegroups.com
Pradyot

This email does not adhere to the spirit of the mailing list and is spam. I wonder which moderator approved this email for publish. Pls refrain from irrelevant promotions on this list.

This is the list for discussing OSScamps in Delhi only.

How to interact with the community: http://osscamp.in/join-community

--
Kinshuk Sunil
+919910024895

Pradyot

Mar 7, 2011, 3:22:43 PM3/7/11
to OSScamp Delhi
Kingshuk

I earlier also told in one OSSCamp, without significant own community
innovations (that means OSS Delhi innovations), you guys will remain
only learner of others innovations such as Drupal.

Let that prevail.... :)

Learn others innovations (such as learning Drupal etc)....do not do
own innovation in Opensource Software.....

One guy asked me to add a talk on this thread for the upcoming OSS
Camp Manav Rachna.
I wrote back:-

Will the OSSCamp people will be interested in something like
"Applying Innovation Engineering to opensource software development" ?

thanks
Pradyot

Pratul Kalia

Mar 8, 2011, 12:19:17 AM3/8/11
to osscam...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, Mar 8, 2011 at 1:52 AM, Pradyot <pradyo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Kingshuk
>
> I earlier also told in one OSSCamp, without significant own community
> innovations (that means OSS Delhi innovations), you guys will remain
> only learner of others innovations such as Drupal.
>
> Let that prevail.... :)
>
> Learn others innovations (such as learning Drupal etc)....do not do
> own innovation in Opensource Software.....

What Kinshuk said *still* holds true and correct. This list is for
OSScamp and Delhi-related events discussions.

Your post will be more suited for a general list like linux-delhi.
There too however, your post will have to be marked [COMMERCIAL].

Regards
Pratul

--
dum vivimus, vivamus
pratul == lut4rp

Kinshuk Sunil

Mar 8, 2011, 12:41:02 AM3/8/11
to osscam...@googlegroups.com
comments inline:

On Tue, Mar 8, 2011 at 1:52 AM, Pradyot <pradyo...@gmail.com> wrote:
Kingshuk

I earlier also told in one OSSCamp, without significant own community
innovations (that means OSS Delhi innovations), you guys will remain
only learner of others innovations such as Drupal.

Let that prevail.... :)

i agree with you, i was present at the session and liked it.

I wrote back:-

Will the OSSCamp people will be interested in something like
"Applying Innovation Engineering to opensource software development" ?

yes, that would be relevant. your previous session and this proposed session both make sense in a way.

All I am saying is that your prior email was a shameless promotion of your books and was akin to spam since it was irrelevant and unwarranted.

All members pls refrain from self-promotion.

--
Kinshuk Sunil
+919910024895

Pradyot

Mar 8, 2011, 2:13:15 PM3/8/11
to OSScamp Delhi
Hi

My post also included the following:-
"I shall post several free materials and simple tools in the coming
weeks in the Internet. You do not have to buy anything to know and/or
learn
Innovation Engineering."

This is similar to Free Open Source Software approach.
The book(s) in electronic form in addition to "several free materials
and simple tools" may also be in FREE domain after a certain period of
time.
No decision taken yet.

That is part of rapid growth strategy by using community innovations
in Innovation Engineering.

That is the reason, I posted in this group. And I am a person who will
be very glad to see OSS Camp Delhi and other Indian communities do
major innovations in OSS.

(I am adding another thread regarding my proposed talk in for the camp
in Manav Rachna.)
Thanks
Pradyot

On Mar 8, 10:41 am, Kinshuk Sunil <kinshuksu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> comments inline:

Pradyot

Mar 8, 2011, 2:25:32 PM3/8/11
to OSScamp Delhi, pradyo...@gmail.com
Hi All
I am asking again as I have not got any reply from Prashant Garg.

Will the OSSCamp people will be interested in something like
"Applying Innovation Engineering to opensource software
development" ?
in the for the upcoming OSS Camp Manav Rachna.

Please let me know. If there is enough interest, then only I plan to
deliver the talk.

(Also, please note, I am right now in Chennai and shall reach delhi
airport on sunday 13 March around 10.30 AM. So I shall be happy to
deliver the talk in late hour on sunday like 3.00 PM as Manav Rachna
is in Faridabad and I stay near Anand Vihar ISBT. And there is around
10% chance that I may go to Bangalore instead of Delhi. If I am unable
to deliver the talk in person in the OSS Camp Manav Rachna, I am open
to deliver online at OSS Delhi's choice of time)

Thanks
Pradyot

On Mar 8, 10:41 am, Kinshuk Sunil <kinshuksu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> comments inline:

Pratul Kalia

Mar 8, 2011, 2:53:09 PM3/8/11
to osscam...@googlegroups.com, Pradyot
[ snipped ]

On Wed, Mar 9, 2011 at 12:43 AM, Pradyot <pradyo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> This is similar to Free Open Source Software approach.

No, it isn't at all unless you release the documentation under an open
license like the GNU FDL or a Creative Commons variant.

> The book(s) in electronic form  in addition to "several free materials
> and simple tools" may also be in FREE domain after a certain period of
> time.
> No decision taken yet.

This is exactly why you are NOT allowed to post such material on the
list. If and when the materials are open, they may be shared.
Till that time, this is self-promotion, commercial, unrelated and not allowed.

Also, I urge you to refrain from top-posting. Makes it harder to
follow the thread and read mails on handheld devices.

Pratul Kalia

Mar 8, 2011, 2:58:09 PM3/8/11
On Wed, Mar 9, 2011 at 12:55 AM, Pradyot <pradyo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All
> I am asking again as I have not got any reply from Prashant Garg.
>
>  Will the OSSCamp people will be interested in something like
>  "Applying Innovation Engineering to opensource software
> development" ?
> in the for the upcoming OSS Camp Manav Rachna.
>
> Please let me know. If there is enough interest, then only I plan to
> deliver the talk.

OSScamp has no schedule as such and there is no selection of talks.
You are free to give the talk and people are free to attend it.
You're most welcome to come to the venue and give a talk right then and there.

Kinshuk Sunil

Mar 9, 2011, 1:23:25 AM3/9/11
to osscam...@googlegroups.com, Pratul Kalia, Pradyot

How to interact with the community: http://osscamp.in/join-community

There is a huge difference between Free and Freedom.

--
Kinshuk Sunil
+919910024895