Getting ready for open-sourced OSScamp.in

Kinshuk Sunil

Jan 15, 2010, 12:28:57 AM1/15/10
to osscamp...@googlegroups.com, osscamp-...@googlegroups.com, osscampb...@googlegroups.com, osscampc...@googlegroups.com, OSScamp Delhi
Hello

In continuation of previous discussions about hosting the OSScamp website code as an open source project, help me figure out the following, so that we can do so:

  1. Where should I host the project? Sourceforge, Launchpad, somewhere else?
  2. How to go about hosting?
    1. upload filesystem dump
    2. create empty db and share
  3. How will we manage versioning and release for the website?
    1. managing: development > test.osscamp.in (test) > osscamp.in (live)

on a sidenote, such discussions do not belong to a single chapter: we should have an osscamp-india mailing list for all generic discussions and these city-specific mailing lists only for organizing local camps. what say?

--

Sent from Noida, UP, India

Rishabh Verma

Mar 2, 2010, 6:53:13 AM3/2/10
to OSScamp Chandigarh
Sourceforge is the best place to host the project.

It would be better to create an empty database and share.