Re: [LUG@IITD:11890] Need support for organizing FOSSCAMP for Girls

Kinshuk Sunil

Jan 31, 2011, 3:51:16 AM1/31/11
to iit...@googlegroups.com, osscampc...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, Jan 31, 2011 at 11:55 AM, Arulalan T <arul...@gmail.com> wrote:
2011/1/29 satyaakam goswami <saty...@gmail.com>:
> On Fri, Jan 28, 2011 at 8:11 PM, Gautam Chaudhary <gkcg...@gmail.com>
> wrote:

>>> cool where is the wiki page or agenda for the event we can chip in that
>>> way , add your event to the site fossevents.in
>>> -Satya
>>
>> We have not setup any wiki page for the FOSS Camp yet as we are still not
>> decided on what to include. I'll be myself giving an overview of opensource
>> to the students.
>> Our mail goal would be to provide them an overview of the opensource world
>> and tell them in what way they can contribute.
>> Definitely we do not plan to make it into too much of programming as they
>> won't find it interesting.
>> The objective is to include basics of everything, like  Intro to
>> opensource, Linux OS, Web development with Joomla and Wordpress , various
>> opensource tools like GIMP, Inkscape etc.
>
> 1) Discuss the differences between proprietary and distributed , shared
> model of development
> 2) irc chat to ask doubts
> 3) how to ask questions in a forum
> 4) how to submit bugs
> 5) editing wikis and wikipedia.org
> 6) career opportunities in FOSS
> 7) example of foss deployments more than specific tools
> 8) Translation work how that can happen and how they can contribute

9) Php
10) Python
11) Ruby
12) Perl
13) MySql, Postgresql

I can support for the above technical stuff (Python , Ruby  & DB) in English.

I can speak about History of FOSS, other stuff in english. But I
recommend you people, please
talk about the theory of foss should in their mother tongue ( Hindi ).

Then only audience can taste the core of FOSS. :-)

--
Regards,
Arulalan.T

My Experiments In Gnu/Linux !  : http://tuxcoder.wordpress.com
Kanchi Linux User Group Rocks ! : http://kanchilug.wordpress.com

I shared the thread on OSScamp Chandigarh as well, lots of FOSS enthusiasts from Punjab on that list.
In addition to OSScamp Solan on 19-20, this camp will also be useful to bring together lot of these enthusiasts on both events.