Clinical OI - some ideas and references

tkrohn

Feb 14, 2012, 4:38:16 PM2/14/12
to oss-uk-health
Hello,

I lead a team working in Clinical Open Innovation. I'm interested in
participating in your forum - and contributing.

Cheers,
Tom

Wai Keong

Feb 14, 2012, 4:42:49 PM2/14/12
to oss-uk...@googlegroups.com
Welcome Tom, will be great if you could introduce yourself and sharing your thoughts and ideas.

BW

Wai Keong

tkrohn

Feb 14, 2012, 6:43:21 PM2/14/12
to oss-uk-health
Wai,

Thanks for the welcome. I posted a reply in the other thread and will
do an intro here too:

Allow me a quick intro: My name is Tom Krohn and I lead a team
working
on Clinical Open Innovation with the goal to transform and accelerate
clinical development.  Our effort is part of Eli Lilly, a US-based
pharmaceutical firm, with all our work put into the public under
Creative Commons Zero license (no restrictions or contraints).

Our focus is on bringing value to public data and the power of an
engaged crowd in clinical information.   You can learn more on our
initiative on the www.tbcommons.org website.  In particular, take a
look at www.tbcommons.org/trials as you will see that we have created
a powerful app to search, filter, view mashups and share data from
clinicaltrials.gov.  This is our first data domain and example
application.  Our API is open - albeit fairly simple now to serve
json
files for the clinical collections application.  Watch for more to
come in the months ahead.

I'd be curious to hear others' perpsective on our work and where we
can collaborate and "divide and conquer" on some public data
enhancement.

Give it a look and let us know what you think.
Cheers,
Tom