Open Access Button Hackday

David Carroll

Aug 29, 2013, 6:55:52 AM8/29/13
to oss-uk...@googlegroups.com
Hey!

We're organising a hackday in London on the 7th/8th September, its a hack based around a project called the Open Access Button. This is a browser-based tool which tracks every time someone is denied access to a paper. We want to display this, along with the person’s location, profession and story on a real time, worldwide, interactive map of the problem. While creating pressure to open up scholarly and scientific research, we also want to help people work within the current broken system by helping them get access to the paper they need.

That's the project summed up really briefly. We built a prototype at the start of the summer and are working towards a launch of later in the year. You can find out more about the hack and a sign up on our blog https://oabutton.wordpress.com/2013/08/27/oa-button-hackathon-7-8th-september/

If you've any questions, you can email us oabu...@gmail.com

Thanks,
David

Open Access Button Twitter