Botometer API update

Filippo Menczer

May 14, 2020, 11:43:02 AM5/14/20
to os...@googlegroups.com
We receive many emails asking about the Botometer API performance, so
let me share an update with this list.

As we stated before, our server is struggling to keep up with the very
large volume of Botometer queries, which has grown over the past few
months to around half a million per day, with peaks much above that.
As a result, the latency of the API has grown.

We have taken various steps in restructuring our APIs, plans, and
server, and removing abusers, which make the service functional now,
but the latency is still around a few seconds. This means that the
number of daily queries that we can currently handle per user may
oscillate around 20 thousand (it can be above or below that depending
on the plan and load).

We purchased a new and more powerful server that should make things
much better, but the migration is complex and may still take a
few/several weeks. Until then, we appreciate your patience.

-Botometer team