0.9.7 branch

Simon Poole

Jun 27, 2015, 6:26:09 PM6/27/15
to osmedito...@googlegroups.com

While I'm not all to happy with keeping a long lived branch around, I suspect it is still the best solution for maintaining a release with maintenance updates while keeping developement of new features seperate*.

What I would like to try and do this time is to keep the amount of time we need till the next release to roughly a quarter of a year (and not, mea culpa over half a year as with 0.9.6).

The tentative list of stuff I would like to include is https://github.com/MarcusWolschon/osmeditor4android/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+milestone%3A0.9.7 while it looks like a awlful lot of stuff a number of the items are essentially dependent on eachother and part of the same feature.

Simon

* do we actually need to keep old branches around? most of them are historic und could simply go away.

Stephan75

Jun 28, 2015, 5:03:10 AM6/28/15
to osmedito...@googlegroups.com
Although I am not actively involved in code development I also support a deleting of old branches ... What should be the benefit else from keeping them?

Marcus Wolschon

Jun 29, 2015, 3:28:24 AM6/29/15
to osmedito...@googlegroups.com
Sounds good.
I'm looking forward to that opening hours editor :)
It could get a lot of people to map again in the cities where we already have house numbers.

--

---

Simon Poole

Jun 29, 2015, 3:46:55 AM6/29/15
Am 29.06.2015 um 09:28 schrieb Marcus Wolschon:
> Sounds good.
> I'm looking forward to that opening hours editor :)
> It could get a lot of people to map again in the cities where we
> already have house numbers.

It is simply painful :-). I've had the parser running for a while, it
just needs cleanup plus a usable UI.

Simon

Simon Poole

Oct 30, 2015, 9:16:38 AM10/30/15
to osmeditor4android
Not quite surprisingly, the OH UI hasn't really progressed a lot and will have to moved back, but given the way I intend to build it, it isn't quite so closely tied to normal dev work on Vespucci.

Taking the above in to consideration there is one item left on the list that I will revisit and decide if it makes sense to include now or not. If the answer is no, I'll merge 0.9.7 in to master for a final round of  testing and polish.

Simon
.

Simon Poole

Nov 7, 2015, 4:30:52 AM11/7/15
to osmeditor4android
Merged. There is still some code I need to finish off and the usual post-merge screw ups to find, but outside of that this version seems to be very stable.

Simon