[GSOS 2016] - MapCSS styling and improved map data rendering for Vespucci

Vincent Dorut

Mar 11, 2016, 3:55:10 AM3/11/16
to osmeditor4android
Hello,

My name is Vincent DORUT and I want to apply for working for osgeo in the GSOC 2016.
I am actually doing an internship at camptocamp SA in france and I work on the georchestra project : http://www.georchestra.org/
It's my first experience in the open source geospatial community and I really enjoy it that is why I want to continue is this way.

I mainly work in java and I am also interested in android development too that's why i want to apply for this project.

Feel free to contact me.

Regards,

Vincent DORUT

Simon Poole

Mar 11, 2016, 4:08:41 AM3/11/16
to osmedito...@googlegroups.com
Hi Vincent

This google group is probably not the best place to discuss the project, the OSM dev list would be probably better. Further I believe we have a dedicated IRC channel on oftc: #osm-gsoc for interactive discussion.

You should read http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Google_Summer_of_Code/Processes#Student  to understand how to proceed. The first thing people point out to GSOC students is that you should have some first hand experience with mapping (this is less important in the case of this project idea than normal, but still a good thing to have) and a good grasp of OSM data model (which is actually quite simple).

Kind regards

Simon
--

---