Moving away from Google code

Marcus Wolschon

Mar 16, 2015, 7:54:52 AM3/16/15
to osmedito...@googlegroups.com

Hello everyone,

as most of you know by now, Google Code is shutting down.
We need to move somewhere else.
Most projects seem to move to GitHub and that's also what
I'm planning to do.

Does anyone propose we move to a different platform?
If there are no negative responses, I'll try to set up a project
on GitHub on Thursday .

Regards,
Marcus

Simon Poole

Mar 16, 2015, 9:20:25 AM3/16/15
to osmedito...@googlegroups.com

I have some edits  that need to be committed before the repo is migrated. And, mainly relevant for the wiki and additional docs, I secured the domain vespucci.io sometime back for use for a documentation site we can point that to the repo in some form once it is moved (it currently points to some stuff in my github account).

Simon
--

---

Marcus Wolschon

Mar 16, 2015, 9:37:37 AM3/16/15
to osmedito...@googlegroups.com
The domain sounds good.

Andrew Gregory

Mar 16, 2015, 9:47:12 AM3/16/15
to osmedito...@googlegroups.com
GitHub sounds good to me. I have a small project hosted there (pebble app).
Andrew

Simon Poole

Mar 17, 2015, 1:05:07 PM3/17/15
to osmedito...@googlegroups.com

I'm in the process of finishing of the edits for the 0.9.6 branch and have just commited half a dozen fixes for some old issues to trunk, I expect everything to be cleaned up for the migration by Thursday (and no urgent things to fix).

Simon

Simon Poole

Mar 18, 2015, 9:30:36 AM3/18/15
to osmedito...@googlegroups.com
All good to go from my pov. Note: google code was rather flaky late yesterday, so you may want to try earlier in the day.

Simon

On Tuesday, 17 March 2015 18:05:07 UTC+1, Simon Poole wrote:

I'm in the process of finishing of the edits for the 0.9.6 branch and have just commited half a dozen fixes for some old issues to trunk, I expect everything to be cleaned up for the migration by Thursday (and no urgent things to fix).

Simon

Am 16.03.2015 um 14:37 schrieb Marcus Wolschon:
The domain sounds good.

Am 16.03.2015 um 12:54 schrieb Marcus Wolschon:

Hello everyone,

as most of you know by now, Google Code is shutting down.
We need to move somewhere else.
Most projects seem to move to GitHub and that's also what
I'm planning to do.

Does anyone propose we move to a different platform?
If there are no negative responses, I'll try to set up a project
on GitHub on Thursday .

Regards,
Marcus
--

---

---

---

Marcus Wolschon

Mar 18, 2015, 1:42:19 PM3/18/15
to osmedito...@googlegroups.com
"

Aw, Snap!

There was an error migrating osmeditor4android to GitHub.

The error is as follows:

Project: osmeditor4android
GitHub code import failure: Error! There was an error importing commits.
"

I'm trying again.