[ANN] osmdroid 6.0.0-SNAPSHOT posted

Alex O'Ree

Dec 16, 2017, 12:36:21 PM12/16/17
to osmdroid
We just posted 6.0.0-SNAPSHOT to sonatype.

The issues that are scheduled to be fixed in 6.0.0 are rapidly decreasing and a new release will happen soon.

We are interested in feedback in ease of upgrades, any specific challenges you've ran into, performance issues, etc. The change set is huge this time around.

Feedback can either be posted here or open issue in the github issue tracker https://github.com/osmdroid/osmdroid/issues

If you want to try out the new version with your app, you have two options

1) use the published snapshot

In your app, add
repositories {
    mavenCentral()
    maven{
        url 'https://oss.sonatype.org/service/local/repositories/snapshots'
    }
}
dependencies {
    compile 'org.osmdroid:osmdroid-android:6.0.0-SNAPSHOT'
}

Then build your app and test.

2) build it yourself
cd osmdroid
gradlew install

Then in your app, add
repository {
 mavenLocal()
}
dependencies {
org.osmdroid:osmdroid-android:6.0.0-SNAPSHOT
}

Alex O'Ree

Jan 12, 2018, 10:52:00 PM1/12/18
to osmdroid
10=2 JAN 2018, Snapshot updated based on today's master branch, as of 10PM EST.