osmdroid compiled with latest gradle, refactored to AndroidX

LostRat

Dec 20, 2020, 5:20:07 PM12/20/20
to osmdroid

 I created a fork of osmdroid.

https://github.com/LostRat/osmdroid

Can compile and install simple map and OpenStreetMapViewer on an API 29 AVD.

Replaced build.gradle files and refactored to AndroidX.

I could never figure out Maven, POM, or gradle fury. Have no idea how to do a distribution build, and just disregarded any impact on that. Might experiment with jitpack.io in the future.

Substituted a dependencies.gradle file for gradle.properties.

Someone could git clone it then add their own application module within it. I used Android Studio 4.2 Beta 2.

My goal was to have something to display offline MBTiles raster data, and be able to fiddle with (and learn) the underlying code. Will need to update funky location and storage issues for newer APIs.

Ron/LostRat