File access restrictions on Android 11, 12, ...

Peter B - pebogufi

Feb 24, 2023, 7:09:00 AM2/24/23
to OsmAnd
Currently I am using OsmAnd on two devices.
- Smartphone Samsung S7, 32GB internal, 128GB SD-Card, Android 8
- Tablet Samsung S5e, 64 GB internal, 64 GB SD-Card, Android 10.
On both devices OsmAnd is installed on SD-Card,
/storage/xxxx-xxxx/Android/obb/net.osmand.plus
used memory is about 20 GB, max may be 30 GB.
Everything runs fine.

I wan to buy a new/refurbished Samsung S10, 128GB internal (+SD-Card), which will be shipped with Android 9, as i suppose.

* As I know I can only update to Android 12, looks like Android 10 is not possible, I did not found a dnl/ install possibility. Hints are wellcome !

* From Android 11 on there are severe file acces restrictions, reported solutions are using
SD-Card  /storage/XXXX-XXXX/osmand
SD-Card  /storage/XXXX-XXXX/Download/osmand
SD-Card  /storage/XXXX-XXXX/Android/media/net.osmand.plus/
internal   /storage/emulated/0/Android/media/net.osmand.plus/
What is the latest + best + fastest recommendation ?

I habe two requirements:
File access read+write with file manager (Total Commander) on all subdirs of osmand.
Fast file access to map, rendering and preparing of a route, ...

Is there a substantial difference of file access SPEED between internal mem and SD-Card, so which should i prefer ?
Is there a substantial difference of file access RIGHTS between intermal mem and SD-Card ?
Are the rights restrictions for Android 11,12 the same for internal mem and SD-Card ?

I have enough mem on internal and SD-Card, where should i install osmand -
  internal or SD-Card, which directory ?

Thanks a lot, Peter

just me

Mar 2, 2023, 11:52:25 AM3/2/23
to OsmAnd
internal memory is always faster than external
There are many models of S10 but most probably you have internal memory UFS 2.1
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universal_Flash_Storage
https://www.faceofit.com/ufs-2-0-vs-2-1-vs-2-2/

the speed of external card  depends what you choose
https://www.sdcard.org/developers/sd-standard-overview/speed-class/

is it substantial? it is subjective.
If you have 1-2 maps and 5-9 tracks then you can't notice difference.
But definitely you will notice when you have more of them or you have many favorites.
1000 favorites is to much even for internal memory. Use tracks instead of them.

Both
SD-Card  /storage/XXXX-XXXX/Android/media/net.osmand.plus/
internal   /storage/emulated/0/Android/media/net.osmand.plus/
can be used on A11. I don't know about A12 but it should be still possible.

it is better to install app in internal memory in my opinion.

Firmware for you phone you can find here https://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/
Message has been deleted

Peter B - pebogufi

Mar 3, 2023, 12:36:47 PM3/3/23
to OsmAnd
I made a lot of speesdtest whith calculating a route of ~500km.

Both
SD-Card  /storage/XXXX-XXXX/Android/media/net.osmand.plus/
internal   /storage/emulated/0/Android/media/net.osmand.plus/
did not differ significantly in used time, both ok with access read / write.

>Firmware for you phone you can find here https://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/
yes - but only with lastest versions. But the new phone was shipped with Android 12, so i don't need other updates.
Thanks for assistance, Peter

Dane christian Neilson

Nov 29, 2023, 5:03:00 AM11/29/23
to OsmAnd

MT103/202 DIRECT WIRE TRANSFER
PAYPAL TRANSFER
CASHAPP TRANSFER
ZELLE TRANSFER
LOAN DEAL
TRANSFER WISE
WESTERN UNION TRANSFER
BITCOIN FLASHING
BANK ACCOUNT LOADING/FLASHING
IBAN TO IBAN TRANSFER
MONEYGRAM TRANSFER
IPIP/DTC
SLBC PROVIDER
CREDIT CARD TOP UP
DUMPS/ PINS
SEPA TRANSFER
WIRE TRANSFER
BITCOIN TOP UP
GLOBALPAY INC US
SKRILL USA
UNIONPAY RECEIVER

Thanks.

NOTE; ONLY SERIOUS / RELIABLE RECEIVERS CAN CONTACT.

DM ME ON WHATSAPP
+14234753476