Option to turn off turn-by turn voice prompts

kajt...@gmail.com

Oct 4, 2021, 8:01:33 PM10/4/21
to OsmAnd

When I  searched I found that the problem with too many voice prompts during navigation was discussed many times but I did not find a good solution.
If this forum is monitored by the development team please respond to this e-mail by saying if my proposal could be implemented.
My proposal is to make another switch in Voice prompts to enable or disable turn-by-turn prompts that are generated by OSMAnd ( One can see them looking at details). This would allow to silence them but still have the option to enable track waypoints or favorites prompts to be announced.
If a trail is simple with only a few turn-by-turn prompts then they are useful, if a hiking trail has many zig-zags they are annoying with announcements on every turn every 10-15 meters.
The switch would allow making manually a few useful wpts or favorites along the trail and they only would be announced.
On a long trail, I may need only a few voice prompts,  like when thas path crosses another path and the wpt titled, "go straight" or "go left"  would help to choose the proper path without need to look at the phone.
I hope I am clear about what I am asking for.

Dmitry Prodchenko

Oct 6, 2021, 4:13:26 AM10/6/21
to OsmAnd
Hello! Thank you for the feedback.
The current release version has a bug, if user disables "Turn-by-turn" announcements, all other was disabled too, it was already fixed in the nightly builds.

kajt...@gmail.com

Oct 20, 2021, 10:18:40 AM10/20/21
to OsmAnd
Thank you. I cannot find the option to turn off Turn-by-Turn"  announcements. There is a global Switch for Voice prompts that disables all. When it is not disabled then one can disable or enable User points: Track waypoints, Nerby Favorite, and nearby POI but there is no switch for turn-by-turn.
Here are the screenshots  with enabled voice prompts, disabled  and one photoshopped by me with my dream option to turn
off turn-by-turn announcement.
Am I missing the option that is already there? I think I have the last version of the App.*OsmAnd+ 4.0.8, released: 2021-09-22 If there was a correction how do I download the recent one? I do not see the option to update the App.
Sorry for so many questions
Andrzej

Capture.JPGCapture2.JPGTurn By Turn.jpg