How to view (offline) satellite imagery on OSMAND

Sergio_RS

Jan 12, 2014, 7:13:50 AM1/12/14
to osm...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

About OSMAND features in:
https://code.google.com/p/osmand/
  • Can display satellite view (from Bing)
I´m looking for some explanation about (if it is actually possible) "How to view satellite imagery on OSMAND" (offline).
Anyone know how to do this? Thanks.

Harry van der Wolf

Jan 12, 2014, 3:51:00 PM1/12/14
to osmand
In Settings->Plugins: enable the online maps.

Then, In the Map screen, goto menu (bottom-left button) and select "map layers.".
Select Overlay map (or Underlay map), select "Install more..." (bottom option).

Pick your choice :)

Harry

Jean-François Stockmans

Apr 13, 2016, 4:34:08 AM4/13/16
to Osmand
That's nice.

But is it possible to save satellite imagery offline with maximum details (for a selected area) ?
(and don't tell me "zoom to store images in cache", that's so archaic)

Josef Kufner

Apr 13, 2016, 4:37:14 AM4/13/16
to osm...@googlegroups.com
Actually, "zoom to store images in cache" is a good idea, but to make it
useful, it should be done programaticaly (and without really moving the
map).

There is offline tile downloader for Leaflets, it could be a good
inspiration ofr Osmand's implementation:
https://github.com/mWater/offline-leaflet-map

Jean-François Stockmans wrote, on 13.4.2016 10:34:
> That's nice.
>
> But is it possible to _save satellite imagery offline_ with maximum
> details (for a selected area) ?
> (and don't tell me "zoom to store images in cache", that's so archaic)
>

> Le dimanche 12 janvier 2014 21:51:00 UTC+1, Harry van der Wolf a écrit :
>
> In Settings->Plugins: enable the online maps.
>
> Then, In the Map screen, goto menu (bottom-left button) and select
> "map layers.".
> Select Overlay map (or Underlay map), select "Install more..."
> (bottom option).
>
> Pick your choice :)
>
> Harry
>

> 2014/1/12 Sergio_RS <serg...@gmail.com <javascript:>>
>
> Hello,
>
> About OSMAND features in:
> https://code.google.com/p/osmand/
> <https://code.google.com/p/osmand/>
>
> * Can display satellite view (from Bing)
>
> I´m looking for some explanation about (if it is actually
> possible) "How to view satellite imagery on OSMAND" (offline).
> Anyone know how to do this? Thanks.
>
> --

Tom Tiedom

Dec 12, 2019, 6:29:18 AM12/12/19
to Osmand
One used to use mobile atlas creator software for that,but most map sources like google got removed..you migth have some luck with older versions or hacking your own mapsources ..

Metaluc

Dec 12, 2019, 7:48:45 AM12/12/19
to Osmand

To pre-cache, switch map source to online raster map. Then long click a pin. Select actions and then download. Select max zoom level with slider to download all tiles from the visible Ares to that level.

I typically use this for Bing, but last time I tried it it failed. It still works for other raster maps,

ra

Dec 12, 2019, 9:44:06 AM12/12/19
to Osmand
where is the setting to only download something like the sat-images when in wifi?