Default Driving profile has become very slow at routing

Kevin P

May 22, 2022, 6:06:13 PM5/22/22
to OsmAnd
For some reason, my default Driving profile has become very slow to create a route.

I created a route from Austin, Texas, USA to near Salt Lake City, Utah, with all the state maps along the way downloaded property.  The route is about 1100 miles and took 12 minutes to create!

I had previously copied the default Driving profile to a different profile called RV.  The same route took only 1.5 minutes using this profile.  It's really the same except to avoid unpaved roads and with some lower speed limits.

I reset the Driving profile, but it did not improve the routing speed.

I have a feeling that this has something to do with my trying to import the Boating profile some weeks ago.  Perhaps this has messed this up.

Any suggestions to fix this are appreciated.

Kevin

lodrog...@gmail.com

May 23, 2022, 1:00:12 AM5/23/22
to OsmAnd
if a user is stuck in a problem after a lot of efforts to solve it, there are 2 scenarios, software bug or app malfunction.
On both cases, a clean install wil help. Don't forget that the last version of osmand 4.1.11 has a very detailed backup / restore feature. Begin the clean install with default / clean settings and check what is going on. Then, restore one by one everything and at every restore point do a test. For me, it works

Kevin P

May 23, 2022, 2:52:53 PM5/23/22
to OsmAnd
I copied the Driving RV profile onto the Driving profile and it seemed to fix the problem, whatever it was.