Re: Digest for osmand@googlegroups.com - 3 updates in 2 topics

TheNortons

Dec 13, 2021, 9:38:23 AM12/13/21
to osm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Max and thank you for your reply.

The storage was shown as "Multiuser Storage 1" so I have used the migration feature to move everything to "External Storage 1" as you suggested.

It all seems to work just fine, so I'll see what happens when the next upgrade arrives.

All the best,
Graeme

On Mon, 13 Dec 2021 at 13:49, <osm...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
A Thompson <thomp...@gmail.com>: Dec 12 06:38PM -0800

Perhaps someone who knows what they're talking about can comment, but from
browsing OsmAnd Github and some googling, it seems that app updates on
Google Play after November must target Android 11 (API 30) and this is when
all of the new restrictions are unavoidable. Maybe many other apps will run
into trouble the next time they want to update?
Greg Troxel <g...@lexort.com>: Dec 13 08:02AM -0500

> Google Play after November must target Android 11 (API 30) and this is when
> all of the new restrictions are unavoidable. Maybe many other apps will run
> into trouble the next time they want to update?

I think you are correct. Vespucci ran into the same issues and solved
it by putting the Vespucci data directory in Downloads/Vespucci, which
is someplace I can sync to/from with syncthing.
Max1234Ita <mul...@gmail.com>: Dec 12 09:18AM -0800

Hi Graeme,
personally, I've not observed this issue, in my phone (a Samsung Galaxy A50
with Android 11), OsmAnd has received several updates during the past 2
months and the maps were never been deleted.

Can you please check what is the location you have set for map storage, by
looking at menu *Settings -> OsmAnd settings -> Data storage folder *?

I have *"External memory 1"*, that corresponds to*
/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/net.osmand.plus/files*.

I also have installed OSmAnd+ (v.4.0.9) in a MEmu virtual machine, that
emulates a OnePlus device with Android 7.1.2: the setting there is the same
as above, and again the app updated suceesfully without any issue.

Cheers,
Max