Fuel Stations on the Route

Majid Ur Rehman

May 18, 2021, 2:31:50 PM5/18/21
to OsmAnd
Hello Guys, I want to know the fuel Stations information along the route and would love OsmAnd to give me the distance to next fuel station on my route. Is it possible? Thank you!

Any File

May 18, 2021, 4:03:46 PM5/18/21
to OsmAnd
If you do a search and write "Petrol station" or "Filling station" you get a list of nearby petrol station (fuel station) ordered by distance (but it is distance as the crow flies, not by route.

Also this required to use your hands to type the search, so I think is not what you are asking for.

From what I know, but I am not such an expert, the feature you are looking for would require a new plugin.

May be worthing a future request

AnyFile

Majid Ur Rehman

May 18, 2021, 4:49:52 PM5/18/21
to osm...@googlegroups.com
Hi, thank you for your input. Yes, I can find Fuel stations around my location and I can set the radius also but my requirement is different as you noted.

Majid Ur Rehman

May 18, 2021, 5:02:10 PM5/18/21
to osm...@googlegroups.com
So basically what I am asking for is a feature similar to the one in google maps, that is, once you have decided your route, you can simply press search button and add a stop over which could be fuel station or whatever you want. So if I reword my question, can we add a stopover along the route? Can it be a fuel station? I tried to add a stopover but could not add one.

Xavier

May 18, 2021, 6:23:36 PM5/18/21
to osm...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, May 19, 2021 at 12:01:52AM +0300, Majid Ur Rehman wrote:
>So basically what I am asking for is a feature similar to the one in
>google maps, that is, once you have decided your route, you can simply
>press search button and add a stop over which could be fuel station or
>whatever you want. So if I reword my question, can we add a stopover
>along the route? Can it be a fuel station? I tried to add a stopover
>but could not add one.

The closest to that in OsmAnd is most likely adding intermediate
destinations.

See the attached screen shot. Once you have added a destination, the
"add" icon on the right (top arrow on image) becomes the "add
intermediate destination" button. Pressing it pops up the dialog you
see at the bottom for "Add intermediate". From here you can find a
"destination" using various OsmAnd methods and add it to your route.
OsmAnd will then navigate from your starting position to each
intermediate in order, and then to the final destination.

Screenshot_20210518-181527.16.png

Majid Ur Rehman

May 19, 2021, 5:26:12 AM5/19/21
to OsmAnd
Thank you! Yes, I know this feature, but somehow I am not able to search and add fuel stations on the route as intermediate stopovers. So it seems, first I need to find the point of interests on my route manually, location by location, and add them as favorites and then when I will create the route, I will choose those POI's as my intermediate points!

Harry van der Wolf

May 19, 2021, 6:54:02 AM5/19/21
to osmand
Another work-around is after you have created the route to go into the route screen again and choose options (the gear). Then you have an option to show POIs along the route, select that one and select the petrol stations.
It is not a new route, but if you zoom out and follow your route you see the nearby stations.

Majid Ur Rehman

May 19, 2021, 12:26:47 PM5/19/21
to osm...@googlegroups.com
It looks to be the solution, I am looking for. I'll try it in my next navigation and will see how it works. Thank you!