Displaying names on administrative boundaries with Offline Vector Maps - Is that possible?

Max1234Ita

Mar 10, 2022, 5:03:53 AM3/10/22
to OsmAnd
I'm using OsmAnd since many years; One feature I always been looking for is the ability to see the names on administrative boundaries ( AKA the OSM tags "left=*" and "right=*" assigned to the borderline way)

I.e. when I'm walking in an area which is near to the border between "A" and "B" municipalities, I'd like to know which one's territory a certain spot belongs to.

Knowing that is easy if I check OSM with a web browser, (e.g.: https://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=19/44.99403/9.07748), or by displaying the OSM online tiles layer as an overlay, however that's not a solution in those cases where I'm walking in an area with poor or no network signal at all.

The best  solution, therefore, would be having OsmAnd Offline Vector Maps themselves providing the information.

Does anyone know if this is possible? That would be really appreciated!

Thanks in advance,
Max - Italy