Can't install Osmand nightly anymore

Helmut Jarausch

Mar 22, 2024, 6:31:49 AMMar 22
to osm...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
my old devices have only 16 GB on the internal SD card (and 256 Gb on the external SD card).
Until two days ago I could install nightly updates without any problems.
But now Android just says "Installation failed".
Has there been a significant change recently?
Many thanks for a hint,
Helmut

Alexander

Mar 22, 2024, 6:40:08 AMMar 22
to osm...@googlegroups.com
Your phones' memory is almost full (the part used for installes apps). Delete some other apps, it'll work again. Not sure if cache cleaner and apps like this may help too.

Max1234Ita

Mar 23, 2024, 4:51:37 AMMar 23
to OsmAnd
Sorry, you won't go very far with 16 GB of internal storage.
Just consider that at leat 1/3 of them are used for the system partition, where Android installs its updates and the "system" part of the apps. 16 / 3 = 10.333, so you have about 10 GB left for "Internal storage".
You can limit the number of the apps you have in your device and/or installa them in the external SD (if your vendor allows thet), but the main space saving is on those 10 GBs, the ones used for system data is at most intouched.

In the past I tried different solutions, included "Adoptable storage" (using external SD as if it was part of the internal storage space)... it was a true nightmare.

IMHO, it's time for you to look for a new phone; go for one with at least 128 GB (or better, 256) of internal storage,  4 or 6 Gb RAM, which nowadays is the minimum required for thee newer Android versions  to work decently; if it also has a slot for an external MicroSD, then you can keep yours with all you OsmANd traces and favourites.
HTH,
Max

Peter B - pebogufi

Mar 24, 2024, 6:06:59 AMMar 24
to OsmAnd
There was a problem with signature.
See
Try
making a backup of everything
Uninstall osmand
Downioad latest nigthly and install
Restore backup
For me that was the only was with two devices.