BRouter profiles in OSMand

Egal

Jun 19, 2020, 7:37:17 AM6/19/20
to OsmAnd
In BRouter are six navigation modes defined:
bicycle_fast
bicycle_short
foot_fast
foot_short
motorcar_fast
motorcar-short
The user of BRouter can assign one profile to each of these modes e.g.
bicycle_short shortest    (means BRouter profile shortest.brf)
foot_fast trekking           (means BRouter profile trekking.brf)
My question is:
How decides OSMand which of these modes it should use when I start a navigation with BRouter inside OSMand using the "service interface" of BRouter ?
Perhaps it decides to use mode for bicycle, foot or motorcar subject to the used base profile inside OSMand - is this right ? But how decides OSMand to use the belonging short or fast mode of BRouter ?
Can somebody explain us, how OSMand selects the navigation mode of BRouter ?

Poutnik

Jun 19, 2020, 9:14:33 AM6/19/20
to OsmAnd
Note the shortest is a foot profile, not suitable for vehicles, while trekking is bicycle profile ( trekking bike ).
Consider also BRouter user custom profiles.

Poutnik Fornntp

Jun 19, 2020, 9:45:28 AM6/19/20
to osm...@googlegroups.com

Generally, I rather recommend to stop considering short/fast modes as short/fast,
but as mode1 and mode2, e.g. as a challenging and easy modes, or whatever suits your cases.

Arndt

Jun 29, 2020, 7:23:09 AM6/29/20
to OsmAnd

On Friday, June 19, 2020 at 1:37:17 PM UTC+2, Egal wrote:
My question is:
How decides OSMand which of these modes it should use when I start a navigation with BRouter inside OSMand using the "service interface" of BRouter ?
Perhaps it decides to use mode for bicycle, foot or motorcar subject to the used base profile inside OSMand - is this right ?

right

But how decides OSMand to use the belonging short or fast mode of BRouter ?

the short/fast mode is taken from the "fatest route" setting in the navigation settings of your OsmAnd profile

P Wat

Feb 22, 2021, 10:43:28 AM2/22/21
to OsmAnd
Hello Arndt
Would you know why my posts on Brouter are instantly deleted?
Can you suggest how I should resolve it?
Thanks
Paul W