OsmAnd Voice Navigation Always Saying "Route Recalculated, bla³" Repeatedly

RizkyAM

Jun 9, 2021, 7:12:04 AM6/9/21
to OsmAnd
This is my first time using OsmAnd, when I use it from home to my destination the voice nav didn't say that, normal turn left or right, but after I use it again from destination back to home it always say that repeatedly and it makes me angry.
Why is it doing that and how to prevent it from happening again?

Thanks

Tom Crocker

Jun 9, 2021, 7:47:45 AM6/9/21
to OsmAnd
Just a guess but maybe on the way back you hadn't swapped the start and end points, so it kept trying to persuade you to turn around and recalculating when you didn't.

RizkyAM

Jun 9, 2021, 7:06:43 PM6/9/21
to OsmAnd
Nope, I used a different GPX file and different road on the way home. I also try to record the track, maybe that record causing the problem? Or the smart recalculate mode? Because I turn it on too.

Peter Elderson

Jun 10, 2021, 3:32:08 AM6/10/21
to osm...@googlegroups.com
I get the same with voice navigation when hiking along a gpx.
One thing is to set the tolerance distance. Outside the tolerance distance, recalculation starts. It's somewhere in the navigation settings for the profile. This is location dependant, so it relies on the gps-accuracy of your device. Mine is, uhm, suboptimal so it often places me up to 20 m off. When walking, this could mean I am on the other side of a long canal, which would warrant recalculation.

The other thing is the gpx. When cycling along a bicycle-routed gpx, you are fine, the router should have picked the correct side of roads, around roundabouts etc. If you navigate along a revered gpx, you are very often at a distance from the gpx, because you have to cycle at the correct side, sometimes even completely different paths.

Maybe something like that is part of the cause?

Peter Elderson

Tom Crocker

Jun 10, 2021, 9:34:57 AM6/10/21
to OsmAnd
Oh, you used a gpx file rather than the map. It's probably something to do with that. You might want to provide more details if you want some help such as where you got the gpx from, or even provide the file.