current speed, lower left screen area

Martin Trautmann

Apr 7, 2024, 2:07:59 PMApr 7
to Osmand
I have updated to Osmand+ 4.7.6 now

Now i have a non transparent overlay of the current speed on the lower
left screen area.

How can I get rid of that again? I do not see anything within the
preferences. I can remove the speed e.g. from the top right screen area
(where it is on a translucent background).

The left speed is shown only as soon as I start navigation, otherwise
it's not visible. I see nothing within navigation preferences, nor in
common map display.

Apart from that, Osmand still starts sloooooow...

Osmand+ reagiert nicht
(warten) (( Ok ))

Schönen Gruß
Martin

Dmytro Prodchenko

Apr 9, 2024, 3:08:07 AMApr 9
to OsmAnd
Hello!
You can turn off new Speedometer widget in Menu – Settings – Configure Screen – Other – Speedometer.

‪Pertti Lehtinen‬

Apr 9, 2024, 10:04:14 AMApr 9
to osm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Martin

I was looking the same thing and finaly found it.

Go to: Configure screen: and scroll down.

Compare the enclosed screenshot and the 3th bottom line. There it is!

Have a good day.
Pepe

Sent from my phone
Screenshot_20240407_215436_net.osmand.plus.jpg

Martin Trautmann

Apr 9, 2024, 4:21:12 PMApr 9
to osm...@googlegroups.com
On 09.04.24 09:08, Dmytro Prodchenko wrote:
> Hello!
> You can turn off new Speedometer widget in Menu – Settings – Configure
> Screen – Other – Speedometer.

Thanks to Pertti and you, I found it within the car configuration

in German:

Anzeige konfigurieren
> Geschwindigkeitsmesser

within the common profile it was off,
within the car profile (Auto) it was set to on

But why? Whoever wants it, it could be added to the upper area with the
default layout (transparent) - why an overlay on a very different
position with nontransparent white background?

Does it do anything different, maybe even better?