Nightly Build - 3 Minutes Rendering

EnSun

Apr 2, 2015, 9:53:02 PM4/2/15
to osm...@googlegroups.com
I get blank screen with my location pinpointed, but it takes about 3 minutes for the map to show up. Is this normal or I need to do something to show the map upon launch?

Harry van der Wolf

Apr 3, 2015, 2:09:13 AM4/3/15
to osmand
I have exactly the same and reported this already weeks ago. It has not been solved yet.
There is also a thread discussing this phenomenon, but that one is intermixed with reports that users don't get a map at all if they don't have online maps switched on. In my case it doesn't matter. It always takes so long be it for me around 1½ minute..

Harry

I get blank screen with my location pinpointed, but it takes about 3 minutes for the map to show up. Is this normal or I need to do something to show the map upon launch?

Hugo Barrocas

Apr 3, 2015, 4:15:44 AM4/3/15
to osm...@googlegroups.com
On my BQ 5.7 it renders the map in about 12-15s at startup, on todays night build.

Harry van der Wolf

Apr 3, 2015, 7:33:21 AM4/3/15
to osmand
Just downloaded. Still the same delay.

On my BQ 5.7 it renders the map in about 12-15s at startup, on todays night build.

Christian Gogolin

Apr 5, 2015, 7:05:20 AM4/5/15
to osm...@googlegroups.com
I have the same problem on two galaxy s4 mini with the nightly of 2015-04-04.This bug must have been introduced in the last few weeks.

Christian Gogolin

Apr 10, 2015, 3:08:13 AM4/10/15
to osm...@googlegroups.com
Problem still exists in today's nightly. If you need more details I am happy to help.

Pee Wee

Apr 10, 2015, 3:39:46 AM4/10/15
to osm...@googlegroups.com

Op vrijdag 10 april 2015 09:08:13 UTC+2 schreef Christian Gogolin:
Problem still exists in today's nightly. If you need more details I am happy to help.

It takes 36 sec to render the map on my Acer liquid E700 using todays nightly.. The market version takes 2 seconds. That's quite a difference.

Harry van der Wolf

Apr 10, 2015, 4:49:39 AM4/10/15
to osmand
I don't have the idea that any of the devs is taking notice of this. Maybe it is working OK for them, but for a lot of users it is not. Maybe it is depending on device or Android version, but it is extremely annoying.

Harry

Osmandtrier

Apr 10, 2015, 5:12:43 AM4/10/15
to osm...@googlegroups.com
It is not a solution, perhaps not relate to the topic of this thread. I just increased my rendering speed with SD-Boost. Just an Idea, but perhaps helping.

Hugo Barrocas

Apr 10, 2015, 6:19:59 AM4/10/15
to osm...@googlegroups.com
This must be hardware related, since I don't have such a delay.
What equipment do you have?

--
Cumprimentos,
D.er Hugo Barrocas

Christian Gogolin

Apr 10, 2015, 7:49:28 AM4/10/15
to osm...@googlegroups.com
I am affected by this on two Samsung s4 mini.

Harry van der Wolf

Apr 10, 2015, 9:54:18 AM4/10/15
to osmand
And I'm on an Samsung S5 mini on Android 4.4.2 having the same issues, but a lot of orther devices were mentioned as well.

I am affected by this on two Samsung s4 mini.

Max

Apr 11, 2015, 5:12:29 AM4/11/15
to osm...@googlegroups.com

This must be hardware related, since I don't have such a delay.

I'm not sure if it is hardware related.
I also had this issue, but after I updated to new nightly builds several times and updated the maps, suddenly the issues was gone.
Now I installed the old nightly builds again on the same device, which had this issue, but now I can't reproduce this issue.
Maybe it has something to do with the installed maps, data, favourites or index.

There is a bug report:
https://code.google.com/p/osmand/issues/detail?id=2606

Regards,
Max

xmd5a

Apr 15, 2015, 3:36:26 PM4/15/15
to osm...@googlegroups.com
Slow startup seems to be fixed in latest nightlies. Please test.

Hugo Barrocas

Apr 16, 2015, 8:27:39 AM4/16/15
to osm...@googlegroups.com
On my BQ Aquarias 5.7, with build #10718 (from today), it takes 6s to startup and get the map rendered. Much Faster! :)

Harry van der Wolf

Apr 16, 2015, 2:54:26 PM4/16/15
to osmand
Yes, it is indeed solved. Very nice.

Harry

On my BQ Aquarias 5.7, with build #10718 (from today), it takes 6s to startup and get the map rendered. Much Faster! :)

Christian Gogolin

Apr 16, 2015, 5:23:31 PM4/16/15
to osm...@googlegroups.com
Can confirm that it works as expected now. Thanks!