How to turn off new markers on tracks

Akkana Peck

Mar 23, 2024, 6:16:42 PMMar 23
to Osmand
When I load GPX files with tracks, I'm now seeing something I never saw before: randomly along the track, there are green and white arrow markers, and black    and white crosshatched markers, as shown in the attached screenshot.

I'm not sure what they're supposed to represent; tapping on them gives info     about the track but nothing about why there's a marker there.

These markers make things super cluttered when there are a lot of tracks and I  zoom out (see second attached screenshot). Is there a way I can get OsmAnd to   hide the markers and just show the tracks? I tried turning off Map Markers in   Configure Map but it didn't help.

Thanks for any suggestions!

--
    ...Akkana
Screenshot_20240323-155749.jpg

Peter B - pebogufi

Mar 24, 2024, 6:11:53 AMMar 24
to OsmAnd
That are the markers for start an destination.
Open layout (2nd button) then switch off "start and destination icons"

Akkana Peck

Mar 24, 2024, 10:00:27 AMMar 24
to osm...@googlegroups.com

On Sun, Mar 24, 2024 at 4:11 AM Peter B - pebogufi <pebo...@gmail.com> wrote:
That are the markers for start an destination.
Open layout (2nd button) then switch off "start and destination icons"

Thanks ... Sorry to be dense, but how do I "open layout"? Second button where? I tried the second button at the bottom left, but it popped up a screen prompting me to set a destination, and it doesn't have any option for hiding start and destination icons.

--
    ...Akkana

Peter B - pebogufi

Mar 24, 2024, 10:47:01 AMMar 24
to OsmAnd

Screenshot_20240324-154100_OsmAnd~~01.jpg

Open the track by tapping on it, then you see the on bottom this screen. With the second button (above text "track") you can change layout.

Akkana Peck

Mar 26, 2024, 12:34:19 PMMar 26
to osm...@googlegroups.com
Thanks! Found it, and it looks much better now!

    ...Akkana