transfer settings to a new device

Akkana Peck

Dec 8, 2022, 6:08:52 PM12/8/22
to osm...@googlegroups.com
I have a new phone, and when walking through OsmAnd settings on my old phone, I noticed "Auto-backup", which says it backs up favorites, map tokens and settings to restore them on new devices. (It's enabled.)

That sounds perfect -- but I can't find anything explaining how to use it. Poking around in /Android/data/net.osmand.plus/files/ I see a directory named backup; it contains a bunch of files with names from favourites_bak_01.gpx.bz2 to favourites_bak_20.gpx.bz2. But favorites.gpx is already easy to copy; I'm more worried about all the settings I've changed, both general app settings and the settings for the various profiles. I don't see anything else in osmand's files that look like it might be a backup of app and profile settings.

https://github.com/osmandapp/Osmand/issues/5067 says full export / import became possible almost two years ago, but it doesn't mention how to do it. Apparently for a while while this was being developed there was a files/temp directory with files ending in "osf", but there's no files/temp on my device, nor any files ending in osf.

Does anybody know how this auto-backup works?

Thanks,

...Akkana

Greg Troxel

Dec 8, 2022, 6:34:05 PM12/8/22
to osm...@googlegroups.com

Akkana Peck <akk...@gmail.com> writes:

> I have a new phone, and when walking through OsmAnd settings on my old
> phone, I noticed "Auto-backup", which says it backs up favorites, map
> tokens and settings to restore them on new devices. (It's enabled.)

I have been able to do backups, but it's not automatic
Settings
Backup and Restore
Back up as file
[select stuff]
[choose share destination - I use nextcloud]

I leave off maps because it seems just as well to get fresh on a new
phone of what I need (vs old maps of places i no longer need them still
on the old phone), and my backup was only 30 MB or so.

signature.asc

Dmytro Prodchenko

Dec 9, 2022, 9:18:38 AM12/9/22
to OsmAnd
Hello!
How you can read in description for "Auto-backup": By default, Android saves backups of favorites, map tokens, and OsmAnd settings to restore them on new devices or after reinstallation. This backup is limited to 25 MB.\nWhen using OsmAnd Cloud, this can lead to misunderstandings after reinstallation. This was Android devices feature that work not good.

You can export/backup all data from OsmAnd in MenuSettingsBackup & RestoreBackup as file. Starting from 4.3 release, it Backup as file will be moved to the MenuSettings.

Ed f

Dec 19, 2022, 7:39:26 AM12/19/22
to OsmAnd
I just try that, but osmand does NOT offer saving as file! only "teilen" (german) = parting. how can I get a file?

Wolfgang Uhlig

Dec 19, 2022, 7:49:22 AM12/19/22
to osm...@googlegroups.com
Hallo Ed, du kannst unten bei "teilen" nach rechts wischen, dann kommt u.a. auch ein Dateiexplorer

Ed f

Dec 19, 2022, 9:13:34 AM12/19/22
to OsmAnd
leider nein: ich kann (android8) nur scrollen und mein dateiexplorer taucht dabei nicht auf, nur 29 andere links ...

Dane christian Neilson

Nov 29, 2023, 5:39:20 AM11/29/23
to OsmAnd
MT103/202 DIRECT WIRE TRANSFER
PAYPAL TRANSFER
CASHAPP TRANSFER
ZELLE TRANSFER
LOAN DEAL
TRANSFER WISE
WESTERN UNION TRANSFER
BITCOIN FLASHING
BANK ACCOUNT LOADING/FLASHING
IBAN TO IBAN TRANSFER
MONEYGRAM TRANSFER
IPIP/DTC
SLBC PROVIDER
CREDIT CARD TOP UP
DUMPS/ PINS
SEPA TRANSFER
WIRE TRANSFER
BITCOIN TOP UP
GLOBALPAY INC US
SKRILL USA
UNIONPAY RECEIVER

Thanks.

NOTE; ONLY SERIOUS / RELIABLE RECEIVERS CAN CONTACT.

DM ME ON WHATSAPP
+14234753476