OsmAnd strange routing

damian....@gmail.com

Nov 1, 2021, 5:44:31 AM11/1/21
to OsmAnd
Hello,
I noticed a problem with routing in OsmAnd:

Having this trip:

OsmAnd calculated something like this:
bad_routing.jpg
OsmAnd version 3.1.10 from f-droid

Peter B - pebogufi

Nov 1, 2021, 7:39:58 AM11/1/21
to OsmAnd
The streets which osmand is using, does NOT have a maxspeed, whereas the street, which is going straight on and might be prefered by user has a maxspeed of 70 km/h.
So in the calculation of osmand the first mentioned route looks like faster.

ra

Nov 1, 2021, 10:04:46 AM11/1/21
to OsmAnd
do you understand, that osmand is only as good as the maps that are made by the users themselves?

and, yes: you should never switch brains of while driving and using navigation-HELP, i.e. osmand.

HF

Nov 1, 2021, 10:27:14 AM11/1/21
to OsmAnd
Personally I use osmand for biking and hiking. For car navigation Google Maps ist king.

Toby Dickenson

Nov 1, 2021, 1:19:31 PM11/1/21
to osm...@googlegroups.com
It looks like there is a turn restriction missing. The hard left turn from one slip road to the other is probably not legitimate, but the map doesnt include a restriction to prevent it.

Peter B - pebogufi

Nov 1, 2021, 2:36:54 PM11/1/21
to OsmAnd
about with the date/time of the first posting of daminan a turn restriction (no left turn) was added.

damian....@gmail.com

Nov 2, 2021, 1:08:36 PM11/2/21
to OsmAnd
I updated the maps and the problem is fixed :)

Thank you for explaining :)

This topic can be closed.

Tom Crocker

Nov 2, 2021, 4:40:02 PM11/2/21
to OsmAnd
That's great. Just make sure you're mapping genuine restrictions not just ones that seem likely or help osmand make the right choice.