favorites file location confusion

first last

Jan 28, 2024, 4:13:50 PMJan 28
to OsmAnd
I am trying to figure out where osmand stores favorites.
If I delete files in Android\data\net.osmand.plus\files\favorites
and
Android\data\net.osmand.plus\files\backup
then restart osmand, the favorites are still present, but the files are still gone.
If I modify one favorite in osmand, the files all reappear again.
My question is, where is this data stored even though I deleted the favorites?
Thanks

Peter B - pebogufi

Jan 29, 2024, 11:44:56 AMJan 29
to OsmAnd
The favorites are stored in a internal database, the user does not have direct access to it.
To manipulate (incl. Delete) you have to do that within the app. The directory favorites with its files is nice to export / share them.

first last

Jan 29, 2024, 1:55:42 PMJan 29
to OsmAnd
Thanks for your reply. I'm interested to know what file is used as the database repository, and would expect that it would be under
Android\data\net.osmand.plus somewhere. I don't need to do anything specific, I'm just curious to see how the mechanicals work in case
someday I want to work directly with that data.