Carte en cache

GOUPIL 30101

Aug 18, 2021, 2:29:24 AM8/18/21
to OsmAnd

Hello everyone. Please tell me how to remove cached maps? Is it enough to delete the contents of the "title" folder or is there another solution. Regards G30

Bonjour à tous. Merci de me préciser comment supprimer les cartes mises en cache ? Suffit-il de supprimer le contenu du dossier "title" où existe-t-il une autre solution. Cordialement G30

lodrog...@gmail.com

Aug 18, 2021, 2:48:24 PM8/18/21
to OsmAnd
for me, the better way to delete maps is to visit download section inside the osmand app. There, you can found the name of the map you like to delete.

GOUPIL 30101

Aug 18, 2021, 3:40:04 PM8/18/21
to OsmAnd
Yes, thank you, you must delete the folders contained in the "tiles" subfolders, not delete the subfolders themselves.

h iz

Aug 20, 2021, 5:39:21 AM8/20/21
to OsmAnd
Nice to learn how to delete maps. But I  wonder what map list is important for me using OSMAND   for Hiking and Biking only.
-First list under  Map "Regions and so on"
-Second List "Local", Standard maps, online and cached tile maps
-Third List "Configure Map, Mapsource"
And only those listed and selected under "Configure map.... Mapsource" appear on the screen.
So, what about the other maps. To delete?
Can´t find any doc  for this.

anyso...@gmail.com

Aug 21, 2021, 6:13:43 AM8/21/21
to OsmAnd
On Friday, August 20, 2021 at 11:39:21 AM UTC+2 ruh**il.com wrote:
-First list under  Map "Regions and so on"
-Second List "Local", Standard maps, online and cached tile maps
-Third List "Configure Map, Mapsource"

Sorry but I can not get what is this list
And only those listed and selected under "Configure map.... Mapsource" appear on the screen.
So, what about the other maps. To delete?

If you want to deleted cached tiled map (not the vector map data, but the images used by the Online maps plugin),
use a file manager, go to the directory where are the OsmAnd data files, go to the subdirectory tiles and you will find there some files and some subdirectories. You should be able to understand from the name what is every file and directory

I do not know if there is a way to remove them from inside the app

AnyFile

lodrog...@gmail.com

Aug 21, 2021, 6:53:51 AM8/21/21
to OsmAnd
from my experience, every map that i have used with osmand, is visible into the download maps section. Has anyone a different example ?

anyso...@gmail.com

Aug 21, 2021, 9:51:29 AM8/21/21
to OsmAnd
On Saturday, August 21, 2021 at 12:53:51 PM UTC+2 lodr***il.com wrote:
from my experience, every map that i have used with osmand, is visible into the download maps section. Has anyone a different example ?

If you are referring to the map you download from the menu "Download maps", and that are graphically rendered locally (that is what is downloaded are the data and the graphics is locally created) you are correct.

If you enable the Online maps plugin than you can tell OsmAnd to use some already calculated image tiles. These are downloaded from an external sever and cached locally (in the directory I said in my previous message). As far as I know these cached tiles are not shown under Download maps and I do not know any way to delete the cache from the app.

I assumed that the Original Poster was referring to these tiles/raster map

Just for information, to use these tiles (including the OsmAnd online tiles) you should first enable the Online maps plugin, the go to
Configure map
select the profile you want to modify
Select Map Source...
Select one the option listed (note that some of them are more suitable to be used as Overlay or Underlay map, if you select one of these the result would not be great). You can select more maps/tiles than the one listed in the first list you get, by pressing "Install more..."

I think that it should also be possible to save locally the tiles from some external sources or create them with tools like OsmAnd MapCreator and use them offline, but I do not know the details.

AnyFile

anyso...@gmail.com

Aug 21, 2021, 9:57:22 AM8/21/21
to OsmAnd
A correction to what I had previously said-

After a closer inspection and reading of a part of this page
I was able to find the tiles maps (the so called online maps) under the Local tab of Download maps.

The are in the section titled "Online and Cached tile maps"
 (I have many other things here for hillshades and slopes)
When you find the correct one, you can press 3 dots on the right and a menu will appear. From this menu you have an option to delete the cached tiles.

AnyFile

lodrog...@gmail.com

Aug 21, 2021, 10:56:09 AM8/21/21
to OsmAnd
this is my third post for the same answer ....
do you want to delete a map ?
- visit download section into osmand app. everything is there !

GOUPIL 30101

Aug 25, 2021, 6:25:43 AM8/25/21
to OsmAnd
Supprimer les cartes en cache
- Menu
- Télécharger carte
- Onglet Installé
- Cartes en ligne ou en cache
- Sélectionner la carte à supprimer
- 3 points à droite
 Supprimer

Delete cached cards
- menu
- Download map
- Installed tab
- Online or cached maps
- Select the card to delete
- 3 points to the right
  To delete

Pere Pujal i Carabantes

Sep 8, 2021, 3:01:28 AM9/8/21
to osm...@googlegroups.com

El 21 d’agost de 2021 15:51:29 CEST, "anyso...@gmail.com" <anyso...@gmail.com> ha escrit:

>I think that it should also be possible to save locally the tiles from some
>external sources or create them with tools like OsmAnd MapCreator and use
>them offline, but I do not know the details.

There were some posts in this group addressing this, see for example
https://groups.google.com/g/osmand/c/8iLr2fZKMpc

Pere