Add Gradient and Temperature Widgets

Giordano

Feb 24, 2021, 10:54:27 PM2/24/21
to OsmAnd
Dear all,

I love using OsmAnd while cycling.
I use it with a phone mount on my bike, and it's a fantastic navigation system.
I feel the app could be even better if, along the speed, battery, altitude (etc.) widgets there were the following two:
  1. Gradient: the slope currently riding on.
    This could be calculated from GPS altitude change + GPS speed.
    For better results, it could be calculated from Barometric altitude change (using phone's built-in barometer) + GPS speed.

  2. Temperature: the Android battery temperature.
    While this is just an approximate measurement of the ambient temperature, it would give a clear sign of when it's too cold to keep the phone exposed.
    During my bike rides, in fact, when the phone temperature drops below 0C, the battery bonks and the phone goes off (I would like to avoid that).
Hope this is the right place to post a "feature request".
Thanks a lot for your help.
Giordano

Xavier

Feb 25, 2021, 12:16:08 AM2/25/21
to OsmAnd
On Wed, Feb 24, 2021 at 07:54:27PM -0800, Giordano wrote:
>Hope this is the right place to post a "feature request".

This would be the right place to /discuss/ new features.

But this list is simply users helping users. Sometimes a developer
drops by, but the primary communications channel to get a feature
request considered by the developers is the OSMAnd github repository
at:

https://github.com/osmandapp/Osmand

You'd add an item into the "issues tracker" at:

https://github.com/osmandapp/OsmAnd/issues

You might consider adding two, one each for your two feature requests,
so that they can be individually considered.