Time-based access restrictions don't work

Tijmen Stam

Aug 21, 2016, 8:53:33 AM8/21/16
to Osmand
OSMand will route over routes that are closed with a time-based restriction.

E.g. https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/7039481
has a motor_vehicle:conditional=no @ Su 12:00-17:00

I understand there are certain difficulties in routing over time-based accesses (such as making a route that goes over this road at 11:59 on sunday, then have a minute delay, do you need to recalculate?). However, it would be very useful.

Poutnik

Aug 21, 2016, 10:56:35 AM8/21/16
to osm...@googlegroups.com
Dne 21/08/2016 v 14:53 Tijmen Stam napsal(a):
I consider as a success for general routing ,
if time based conditional restriction is respected
at least at the time of the route generation.

Poutnik ( The Wanderer )

My Brouter profiles
https://github.com/poutnikl/Brouter-profiles/wiki

Aceman444

Aug 21, 2016, 12:46:07 PM8/21/16
to Osmand
Dňa nedeľa, 21. augusta 2016 16:56:35 UTC+2 Poutnik napísal(-a):
I consider as a success for general routing ,
if time based conditional restriction is respected
at least at the time of the route generation.

Poutnik ( The Wanderer )

My Brouter profiles
https://github.com/poutnikl/Brouter-profiles/wiki

For short routes that could work, but for long interstate routes, it would be useless if you arrive at the conditional route the next day.

But anyway, I don't think OsmAnd supports any conditional restrictions yet.

Poutnik

Aug 21, 2016, 1:02:32 PM8/21/16
to osm...@googlegroups.com
Dne 21/08/2016 v 18:46 Aceman444 napsal(a):
Dňa nedeľa, 21. augusta 2016 16:56:35 UTC+2 Poutnik napísal(-a):
I consider as a success for general routing ,
if time based conditional restriction is respected
at least at the time of the route generation.

Poutnik ( The Wanderer )

For short routes that could work, but for long interstate routes, it would be useless if you arrive at the conditional route the next day.

But anyway, I don't think OsmAnd supports any conditional restrictions yet.

That is why I spoke about success.
AFAIK, neither BRouter addresses the conditionals.

OTOH, I think there is more cases of long term conditionals,
e.g. roads temporary closed for several weeks or month due repairments,
typically "city gold digging" to repair piping infrastructure.
--
Poutnik ( The Wanderer )

My Brouter profiles
https://github.com/poutnikl/Brouter-profiles/wiki

Tijmen Stam

Aug 21, 2016, 1:45:35 PM8/21/16
to Osmand

On Sunday, August 21, 2016 at 6:46:07 PM UTC+2, Aceman444 wrote:

But anyway, I don't think OsmAnd supports any conditional restrictions yet.

OsmAnd does support conditional maxspeeds. I don't know if it recalculates time needed for a route over those.

Paul Johnson

Aug 23, 2016, 2:30:34 AM8/23/16
to osm...@googlegroups.com

On Sun, Aug 21, 2016 at 11:46 AM, Aceman444 <acesha...@gmail.com> wrote:

But anyway, I don't think OsmAnd supports any conditional restrictions yet.

It doesn't.  This gets annoying for cities that have restrictions against making left turns at rush hours...

Peter B

Aug 24, 2016, 6:01:51 AM8/24/16
to Osmand
>OTOH, I think there is more cases of long term conditionals,
>e.g. roads temporary closed for several weeks or month due repairments,
>typically "city gold digging" to repair piping infrastructure.

In this case the roads should be checked with construction tag.
Regards Peter

poutnik

Aug 24, 2016, 6:09:14 AM8/24/16
to osm...@googlegroups.com, Peter B
I think there are discussions about this tag to be for the newly build roads, not the repaired ones.

And, it does address the temporary status, especially if short.

24. srpna 2016 12:01:51 CEST, Peter B <pebo...@gmail.com> napsal:

--
Sent from my phone via Android email client K-9.
Please, forgive my brevity.

Paul Johnson

Aug 26, 2016, 2:50:45 AM8/26/16
On Wed, Aug 24, 2016 at 5:09 AM, poutnik <poutni...@gmail.com> wrote:
I think there are discussions about this tag to be for the newly build roads, not the repaired ones.

And, it does address the temporary status, especially if short.

construction=minor is great for roads that are experiencing construction that isn't closing the road (but has lane closures or shifts that impact traffic).

Poutnik

Aug 26, 2016, 2:55:59 AM8/26/16
to osm...@googlegroups.com
Dne 26/08/2016 v 08:50 Paul Johnson napsal(a):
Thanks. I am aware of of it.

I suppose conditional OSM tags in general are rather challenge for most of routers.

Tijmen Stam

Nov 5, 2016, 3:49:04 PM11/5/16
to Osmand, pebo...@gmail.com
That's interesting! Now it would be cool if that could be combined with an end date

Jack Burke

Nov 10, 2016, 10:49:53 AM11/10/16
to Osmand
I want to chime in here and just add that I think that time-based routing restrictions are necessary.

Hillsborough County, Florida (Tampa), has a toll road that has two parts. The first is a standard divided two-way motorway. The second is a separate set of lanes that are reversible, with direction based on a daily schedule. Access is via unidirectional roads that are opened or closed; access times could be set on the slip roads so that routers could choose the reversible lanes or not depending on the time of day.

Similarly, just north and south of Atlanta, Georgia, along I 75, construction is underway on reversible toll lanes (motorway) where direction will be set according to a schedule. The slip roads providing access to these lanes could also be tagged with opening_hours so a router could choose that road or not.

-Jack

Paul Johnson

Nov 17, 2016, 8:47:29 AM11/17/16
to osm...@googlegroups.com

On Thu, Nov 10, 2016 at 9:49 AM, Jack Burke <burk...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hillsborough County, Florida (Tampa), has a toll road that has two parts. The first is a standard divided two-way motorway. The second is a separate set of lanes that are reversible, with direction based on a daily schedule. Access is via unidirectional roads that are opened or closed; access times could be set on the slip roads so that routers could choose the reversible lanes or not depending on the time of day.

The southernmost terminus of US 75 does something extremely similar with US 75 HOV losing directionality and becoming time-based reversible between the southernmost HOV exit and I 635 TOLL, the Lyndon B Johnson TEXpressway.