Configure back the removed configure option

Bernhard Bannink

Apr 12, 2013, 6:49:44 AM4/12/13
to osm...@googlegroups.com
Hello all,

In OsmAnd, in the top right corner, there is a small icon (like a gear/tandwiel) with which you can start the configuration menu.
With the configuration menu you can for instance configure that you want to activate the icon for configuring the maps, on the toolbar.

But what is quite annoying is the following:

-With the configuration menu you can also configure that you do NOT want to have the icon (gear/tandwiel) for activating the configuration menu. If you have done that, I have no idea what to do to get that icon back again.

Can you give a hint please?

Thanks, Bernhard

Max

Apr 12, 2013, 8:38:21 AM4/12/13
to osm...@googlegroups.com
press menu button -> "Define view" -> "Configure screen..." -> "Configure screen"

Regards,
Max

Bernhard Bannink

Apr 12, 2013, 9:36:58 AM4/12/13
to osm...@googlegroups.com
Thanks! I will try that this evening, after work. Though I do not remember the option Define View on OsmAnd. If you can give a hint where I can find the Define View, that would be helpfull, else I will try to find it.

Best regards, Bernhard

Max

Apr 12, 2013, 2:52:31 PM4/12/13
to osm...@googlegroups.com
Hi!

Though I do not remember the option Define View on OsmAnd. If you can give a hint where I can find the Define View, that would be helpfull, else I will try to find it.

If you are in map view, press the Android/device menu button.

Regards,
Max

Bernhard Bannink

Apr 12, 2013, 6:54:57 PM4/12/13
to osm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Max,

Thanks! But sorry, now I feel myself not very smart, with the new smartphone.

I tried all buttons on the smartphone, I guess (being the three buttons back, home, active apps), and the button on the right (appears to be for volume) and the button on top (on/off), but I do not succeed in getting the Define View (do you mean Configureer Scherm?/Configure Screen??) via the menu, as I do not know how to activate that main menu. (I do know how to activate with the gear/tandwiel-icon in the toolbar of OsmAnd, but if that gear/tandwiel is gone, I still have no idea what to do in order to get back that gear/tandwiel icon in the toolbar.).

Best regards,
Bernhard

Op vrijdag 12 april 2013 12:49:44 UTC+2 schreef Bernhard Bannink het volgende:
Hello all,

Bernhard Bannink

Apr 12, 2013, 9:01:20 PM4/12/13
to osm...@googlegroups.com
Ok! I found it (it's the button for changing apps, but when holding it a bit longer, indeed the menu you are referring to appears).

Thank you,
Best regards, Bernhard

Op vrijdag 12 april 2013 12:49:44 UTC+2 schreef Bernhard Bannink het volgende:
Hello all,

Hardy

Apr 14, 2013, 5:24:49 AM4/14/13
to osm...@googlegroups.com
This is an essential menu, if more people do not find it (on some devices/Android versions), we have to find a way in our new UI to make it more apparent what ways thbere are to configure our app ...

Victor Shcherb

Apr 14, 2013, 6:05:32 PM4/14/13
to osmand
We definitely will remove all Menu buttons! This is so annoying that something was designed in past and now is confusing lots of people :)

We just need to find best place, it takes time...

On Sun, Apr 14, 2013 at 11:24 AM, Hardy <hm.gg...@gmail.com> wrote:
This is an essential menu, if more people do not find it (on some devices/Android versions), we have to find a way in our new UI to make it more apparent what ways thbere are to configure our app ...

Hardy

Apr 15, 2013, 3:23:36 PM4/15/13
to osm...@googlegroups.com
If nothing else helps for now, we may have to put this stuff back to the "Settings" (which most people reliably find), in 2 new
- "Define map view" and
- "Configure map screen"
menus ...

Then the only other MAJOR action for which we do  not have a good shortcut is "Directions".  Maybe this should also be an action button on the "4 button" main screen for now.