Track record doesnt work properly

Pouwel van de Siepkamp

Aug 2, 2021, 9:23:54 AM8/2/21
to OsmAnd
I use osmand plus on my Android device. Recording a track always worked fine, but since some time not anymore. Recording stops after a few minutes and starts again when I reactivate the app. It does not seem to work on the background. I already removed and reinstalled the app, without result. Any suggestion?

lodrog...@gmail.com

Aug 2, 2021, 12:34:10 PM8/2/21
to OsmAnd
it will better if you talk with the help desk support of the osmand company

Tom Crocker

Aug 2, 2021, 4:28:27 PM8/2/21
to OsmAnd
If you have an option to stop the system putting apps to sleep it might be worth making sure Osmand is listed there. I don't know if that will help. You might want to mention what version of Android and osmand you're running

On Mon, 2 Aug 2021, 17:34 lodrog...@gmail.com, <lodrog...@gmail.com> wrote:
it will better if you talk with the help desk support of the osmand company

‪‪‪‪‪Pertti Lehtinen‬‬‬‬‬

Aug 2, 2021, 11:40:34 PM8/2/21
to osm...@googlegroups.com
I have just the same experience, tracking goes off or it does not save the points in track. I lost certain sections of thr saved tracks and there is no alterations of anything at the phone since tracking worked perfectly.

Currently I keep tracking line visible all time while moving. This way I can see if there is no line.

Since turning track line ON, I have had no loss of tracking points.
Pertti Lehtinen
Alkutie 18 B 16
00660 Helsinki

anyso...@gmail.com

Aug 3, 2021, 4:31:28 PM8/3/21
to OsmAnd
On Monday, August 2, 2021 at 6:34:10 PM UTC+2 lod***il.com wrote:
>it will better if you talk with the help desk support of the osmand company

And how can you get in contact with such support?

AnyFile

Pere Pujal i Carabantes

Aug 3, 2021, 5:25:39 PM8/3/21
to osm...@googlegroups.com
El dt. 03 de 08 de 2021 a les 13:31 -0700, en/na anyso...@gmail.com va escriure:
> On Monday, August 2, 2021 at 6:34:10 PM UTC+2 lod***il.com wrote:
> >it will better if you talk with the help desk support of the osmand company
>
> And how can you get in contact with such support?

I don't know about a "osmand company", but the main osmand developers and other people who contribute to osmand use github:
https://github.com/osmandapp

The Android version is in the OsmAnd directory, and in its issues tracker it seems that this problem(or one close enough?) is already reported and still open.
https://github.com/osmandapp/OsmAnd/issues/11038

Maybe the person who started the thread wants to append some info there.

HTH
Pere

> AnyFile

lodrog...@gmail.com

Aug 4, 2021, 3:31:01 PM8/4/21
to OsmAnd
for those people that don't know about osmand is a company, i have to say
- visit this page
https://osmand.net/help-online/privacy-policy
and read
1. Who we are

1.1 We are OsmAnd B.V. located at Logger 41, 1186 RM, Amstelveen, the Netherlands.

1.2 OsmAnd B.V. ("Company") and its subsidiaries recognize the importance of the user privacy and protection of personal data.

- visit this page
http://osmand.net/help-online/about
and read
Victor Shcherb - Founder and CEO, Product Lead.

for the rest users who need to have access to help desk of the company, please visit main web page of osmand
https://osmand.net/
into the bottom left corner, you will found the info
"contacu us", ....... click this box

thanks

lodrog...@gmail.com

Aug 6, 2021, 3:27:47 AM8/6/21
to OsmAnd
there is one more way to find the help desk email. Visit osmad google play page. Go at the bottom and found the " Additional Information". There is the section " Developer" At this place we can see the email address

thanks