Map display of exit numbers

Lee Parker

Oct 1, 2022, 2:42:33 PM10/1/22
to OsmAnd
I recently downloaded and am trying to learn OsmAnd. I am using the android version with Bluestacks on a win10 tablet. I am using the map of Texas, USA
When I originally open the map and started creating a custom route, The map displayed the exit numbers. Subsequently, I have done some thing to make the exit numbers not display???
I have tried to read posts and threads about exit numbers, but have only found them about verbal announcements.
It seems there may be a widget or a switch that I am not locating.
What do I need to do to make the map display exit numbers while creating a custom route?

lodrog...@gmail.com

Oct 1, 2022, 6:34:01 PM10/1/22
to OsmAnd

Tom Crocker

Oct 2, 2022, 3:18:30 AM10/2/22
to OsmAnd
Hi Lee

Do you mean on the map itself? Widgets are the boxes on top of the map that can show speed, direction, etc. I'm also not sure whether the custom route part is significant.

For me, junction numbers and names tend to show in the car and public transport profiles from zoom 13+. They don't seem to show at all in 'browse map' profile. You can switch profile by clicking the icon of a world, car, bike, etc. Does that help?

Tom

Lee Parker

Oct 2, 2022, 1:40:19 PM10/2/22
to OsmAnd
Lodrog,
I browsed thru the links and did not find anything about exit numbers showing or hiding on the map.
Also, I am using the OSM map, if there is even a different option.
But there is some great info on options I will appreciate knowing about after I get thru the basics.

Tom,
Yes on the map itself.
I mentioned the custom route, because that is what I'm doing to need the exit or junction numbers.
I tried choosing the car profile and also zooming all the way and still no exit numbers. But I have seen them on the map when making a route previously.
Lee

lodrog...@gmail.com

Oct 3, 2022, 4:51:06 AM10/3/22
to OsmAnd
On Sunday, October 2, 2022 at 8:40:19 PM UTC+3 a195...@gmail.com wrote:
Lodrog,
I browsed thru the links and did not find anything about exit numbers showing or hiding on the map.
Also, I am using the OSM map, if there is even a different option.
But there is some great info on options I will appreciate knowing about after I get thru the basics.

could you try to put a screenshot to help me understand what info is missing during navigation. The map info and the app screen info, i know that is 2 different subjects.
into your case that you don't see any of those missing info, you can see videos into youtube and make a screenshot or share the link with time info of the issue

lodrog...@gmail.com

Oct 3, 2022, 5:26:03 AM10/3/22
to OsmAnd
from my experience to various navigation apps, all the apps help the driver what to do .... only during navigation. Real or simulated. This help is missing when the user is viewing the map only.

Lee Parker

Oct 3, 2022, 6:29:31 PM10/3/22
to osm...@googlegroups.com
I am getting called out to work and it may be a couple weeks before I'm back. And then, yes I'll screenshot the map with no exit numbers.
So you can understand what I'm trying to do...
I need to follow a custom route, I am provided a list of  roads I am to be on, in a specific order of their use. I also often have to take a specific exit in order to get on a road at it's appropriate point.
When I first downloaded OsmAnd, the interstates displayed exit numbers while creating a route (and with less zoom than other apps I've tried). But I must have inadvertently clicked or changed something, as now no exit numbers are displayed.
I have considered removing the app and downloading again, but I believe I would lose my free map downloads. I have tried doing a reset to original for OsmAnd..
Thank you for your help.
Lee