Unable to access osmandmapcreator.jar

bdtx400

Oct 2, 2018, 5:19:04 PM10/2/18
to Osmand
I have downloaded and extracted the files from osmandmapcreator-main.zip from the download page.

But when I execute the osmandmapcreator.bat file I get the following error message "Unable to access osmandmapcreator.jar"

The osmandmapcreator.jar file doesn't exist in the extracted directory.

What I am doing wrong ? How should I install the osmandmapcreator tool ?

Bert Van de Velde

Oct 2, 2018, 5:39:13 PM10/2/18
to osm...@googlegroups.com
Open batfile and check path 😉

bdtx400

Oct 2, 2018, 6:34:39 PM10/2/18
to Osmand
The content of the batfile is :

start javaw.exe -Djava.util.logging.config.file=logging.properties -jar OsmAndMapCreator.jar

When I run the batfile I get the following error "Unable to access osmandmapcreator.jar"

What I can do to run correctly this command ?

Thanks for your answer

bdtx400

Oct 3, 2018, 9:19:54 AM10/3/18
to Osmand
The jarfile OsmAndMapCreator.jar doesn't exist in the downloaded zip file

Dmitriy Prodchenko

Oct 3, 2018, 9:57:31 AM10/3/18
to Osmand
Hello! Please try to use another archive software, 7Zip for example.

bdtx400

Oct 3, 2018, 10:04:17 AM10/3/18
to Osmand
Ok Thanks. With 7Zip I get the jarfile. Not with unzip

Poutnik the Wanderer

Oct 3, 2018, 11:35:58 AM10/3/18
to osm...@googlegroups.com
Some archive managers like 7ZIP decide the file format not from the file
extension,
but from the file content.

E.g. JAR or DOCX files are nothing else but ZIP files.
If you renamed them to *.ZIP,
you could open them by any archiver.

lodrog...@gmail.com

Jul 1, 2022, 3:44:21 AM7/1/22
to OsmAnd
i have very similar issues when i am running the osmandmapcreator.jar

The problem has to do with my old windows PC i have. Where can i found old version of OsmAndMapCreator-main.zip, that contains osmandmapcreator.jar with file date up to 05/2022 ?