Map section / zoom according to speed ?

Klaus Lang

Jul 7, 2024, 1:23:08 PMJul 7
to OsmAnd
Hi, when I drive on the highway or on the country road I would like to see a large map section, maybe 10km or 20km radius. If I'm driving in the city, a small map section would be better, maybe 50 or 100 meters radius. Is there any way I can realize or set this, e.g. speed-dependent, i.e. small map section up to 50 km/h, large map section from 100 km/h?
Thanks and best regards

Xavier

Jul 7, 2024, 1:33:51 PMJul 7
to osm...@googlegroups.com
Start from main OSMAnd screen, tap the "menu" icon (three bars).

Tap "Settings" near bottom of menu.

Tap the "Driving" profile row to adjust "Driving" profile.

Tap "Navigation settings".

Tap "Map during navigation".

Tap "Auto zoom map".

Select level of "auto zoom" (only three levels plus "no zoom" are
available).

SonWon

Jul 7, 2024, 1:44:24 PMJul 7
to osm...@googlegroups.com

I would add the map zoom level should be settable based on speed, 0-15, 16-30, 31-45, 46-60, 61-75, 76-90, 91-105, 106-120, 121-135 and 136-150. This scale is based on the Autobahn in kmh. The scale division could be adjusted however you get the the idea.

Currently there is only an auto zoom, I forget where it hides in the menus?

At any moment, you have a choice, that leads you closer to God or further from God.

On Sun, Jul 7, 2024 at 7:23 PM Klaus Lang <klausk...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi, when I drive on the highway or on the country road I would like to see a large map section, maybe 10km or 20km radius. If I'm driving in the city, a small map section would be better, maybe 50 or 100 meters radius. Is there any way I can realize or set this, e.g. speed-dependent, i.e. small map section up to 50 km/h, large map section from 100 km/h?
Thanks and best regards

Klaus Lang

Jul 10, 2024, 10:55:13 AM (12 days ago) Jul 10
to OsmAnd

@ Xavier

o.k. and thanks for the answer. I have now tested the setting, but I don't find it particularly successful.
The zoom area for the Citty is ok, but on the highway I find the map section much too small, so I would like to see more of the planned route. I know that everyone would like to have different settings, but perhaps this will be possible in the future.
Thanks and best regards

Xavier

Jul 10, 2024, 10:58:21 AM (12 days ago) Jul 10
to osm...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, Jul 10, 2024 at 04:53:36AM -0700, Klaus Lang wrote:

>@ Xavier
>
>o.k. and thanks for the answer. I have now tested the setting, but I
>don't find it particularly successful.
>The zoom area for the Citty is ok, but on the highway I find the map
>section much too small, so I would like to see more of the planned
>route. I know that everyone would like to have different settings,
>but perhaps this will be possible in the future.

The best way to be sure that the OSMAnd developers are aware is to file
an enhancement request on github:

https://github.com/osmandapp/OsmAnd/issues

While a developer does sometimes drop by the list here, this list is
primarially users helping users, none of us here actually make changes
to the OSMAnd code. Filing a github item means the developers will be
aware of the request.