Reimporting favourites from GPX file

Sybren A. Stüvel

Aug 1, 2022, 6:06:52 PMAug 1
to OsmAnd
Hey folks,

As preparation for a trip with friends, we're sharing POIs. In "My Places", "My Favourites", we made a folder for the trip. All the points in the folder can be exported as GPX just fine. We use SyncThing to sync this file between all our devices.

The issues is that when this GPX file is re-imported into OsmAnd, it duplicates the already-existing favourites. It would be great if there was a way to prevent these duplicates. Barring that, is there maybe a way to remove all favourites from a single folder? That would be a good way to prevent these dupes as well: just remove the old + import the new as two steps.

I'm looking for a way that does NOT depend on direct syncing of OsmAnd's favourites.gpx file, as I don't want to share all my favourites with my friends -- just th e ones for this trip.

It seems like the feature where you can export all favourites in a single folder could be logically paired with a way to gracefully import those as well. I can't seem to find that in the app, though.

Thanks for any pointers,
Sybren

A Thompson

Aug 2, 2022, 7:50:07 AMAug 2
to OsmAnd
To delete a group, from the My_Places>My_Favourites screen you tap the trash icon in the top right, tick the checkbox next to the group, then tap the trash icon again.

I just tried creating a new group, saving it by sharing to "Share to File System" (by Paul Rowe on google play), deleting the group then importing from the file I saved, and it seemed to work for me.

Scott Pauker, LMP CAPP BCSI

Aug 2, 2022, 2:03:24 PMAug 2
to osm...@googlegroups.com
How do I get off of this google group email?

Be well,

Scott Pauker, LMP CAPP BCSI

Cadence Holistic Health:
Integrating Body and Mind to Embrace your Whole Self

Spoke and Words:
Sharing the Spirit of Connection from the Saddle of a Bike

“Life will give you whatever experience is most helpful for the evolution of your consciousness. How do you know this is the experience you need? Because this is the experience you are having at this moment.” -- Eckhart Tolle

Xavier

Aug 2, 2022, 2:05:40 PMAug 2
to osm...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, Aug 02, 2022 at 12:03:06PM -0600, Scott Pauker, LMP CAPP BCSI wrote:
>How do I get off of this google group email?
>
>--

> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/osmand/CAJ36m60NTY58T1kFGffg85NWBkvqOgtoeAPz_BEwhYxt0ZFRmA%40mail.gmail.com.

By following the directions in the footer of every email you receive
(quoted above).

Sybren A. Stüvel

Aug 4, 2022, 3:43:51 PMAug 4
to OsmAnd