Default waypoint/favourite name setting

Soh Ishiguro (soh__i)

Jul 14, 2024, 6:02:10 AM (9 days ago) Jul 14
to OsmAnd
Hello,

I came from Gaia and so far it is very functioning and works really well for what I need for off-roading adventure.

Are there any ways to set a default waypoint name instead of street name or something?

I would like to define a preset name like "Waypoint {date}-{time}" as a default. Which is actually Gaia's default and really useful. I don't have to come up with a uniq name every time.

Thanks,
Soh

Dmytro Prodchenko

Jul 15, 2024, 3:57:28 AM (8 days ago) Jul 15
to OsmAnd
Hello! Thank you for the feedback.
You can create a Quick action to add Waypoint with template for the name, unfortunately inserting date and time is not supported now, but OsmAnd show date in point context menu.

To add a Quick Action go to Menu – Configure Screen – Custom buttons – Quick action – Add Track Waypoint.

Screenshot_20240715-105639.png

Soh Ishiguro

Jul 15, 2024, 3:45:11 PM (7 days ago) Jul 15
to osm...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Dmytro!

Yes I added the quick action for creating a new waypoint from the screen.

Can I propose this function for future requests or enhancements in the GitHub issue tracker or something?

Dmytro Prodchenko

Jul 16, 2024, 3:11:44 AM (7 days ago) Jul 16
to OsmAnd
Yes, of course it's better to use GitHub issues for that https://github.com/osmandapp/OsmAnd/issues