"Prefer byways" for bicycles after one of recent updates

Filu

Sep 4, 2022, 5:57:46 AM9/4/22
to OsmAnd
Hello,

I've been using "Prefer byways" a lot in order to stay away from main roads while cycling. Worked like a charm.

Recently (not sure which update), with the same option, I am permanently routed along bicycle=lane even if it's a heavy trunk road 90km/h with a narrow bicycle lane drawn next to it.

If there is no bicycle=lane on a big road, the router clearly will not pick the big road as expected.

Is there a way to avoid bicyle=lane on major roads ?

Thanks,

Filip.

Dmytro Prodchenko

Sep 5, 2022, 2:43:31 AM9/5/22
to OsmAnd
Hello, Filu! Thank you for the feedback.
Could you please provide coordinates of the road so we could test it.

Filu

Sep 21, 2022, 7:32:46 AM9/21/22
to OsmAnd
Hello,

Sorry for the late reply.

The specific examples are from 50.7980 3.8997 to 50.8157 3.8267
or   50.8157 3.8267 to 50.8755, 3.7329

With the standard "prefer byways" settings I was routed along the main east/west road running thru Lierde, while (I believe) OSM should have picked smaller roads, despite the cycleway=lane tag present on the main one.

Thanks,

Filip.