How to switch OpenGL on/off

Peter B - pebogufi

Nov 16, 2022, 10:19:29 AM11/16/22
to OsmAnd
Since a few days i can't switch openGL on/off anymore, the option is lost on the settings page (or moved to a different page ???).
It WAS on plugins / OsmAnd Development the first item.

osmand plugins - development.jpg

Harry van der Wolf

Nov 16, 2022, 12:57:49 PM11/16/22
to osm...@googlegroups.com
My map is now in 3D.
Rendering is much faster!!
Unfortunately navigation itself is still 2D, but also the 2D rendering is now much faster.

So I suppose the rendering is now OpenGL or maybe something completely different, and currently not configurable.

Op wo 16 nov. 2022 om 16:19 schreef Peter B - pebogufi <pebo...@gmail.com>:
Since a few days i can't switch openGL on/off anymore, the option is lost on the settings page (or moved to a different page ???).
It WAS on plugins / OsmAnd Development the first item.

Peter B - pebogufi

Nov 16, 2022, 2:00:13 PM11/16/22
to OsmAnd
Thanks, Harry. Any hint how to get 3D ? Two finger swipe up/down does not work. App is nightly of today.
Special mapview, which zoom level, ...?

Harry van der Wolf

Nov 16, 2022, 2:12:05 PM11/16/22
to osm...@googlegroups.com
I don't know. I didn't do anything to settings or screen config .
I opened OsmAnd today based on your mail and it was simply in 3D. Last Sunday I used it to track one of my walks and it was still the "old" layout.
My version is OsmAnd+ 4.3.0 2022-11-10. I am still on the Beta channel.

It is still very buggy though. Only the general view is in 3D. The others are still in 2D and the cycling map isn't displayed at all.

Harry van der Wolf

Dec 10, 2022, 9:41:11 AM12/10/22
to osm...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

They now released the 2.5D view as default view.

Harry

lodrog...@gmail.com

Dec 11, 2022, 1:10:02 PM12/11/22
to OsmAnd
Hi,
the link you have post is 1 month old. I have also test into my device the versions 4.3.0 and 4.3.1.
at both of them versions into my device, the 2.5D option is not visible. The setting we can see into the picture from the page of this link is not  appear into my case. I must visit settings > osmand settings > map rendering engine and then choose "version 2 openGL". Then is working

Now there is the version 4.3.2 into the playstore as final for some "special users". The 10% of the total

Harry van der Wolf

Dec 11, 2022, 1:28:47 PM12/11/22
to osm...@googlegroups.com
The link is posted December 2022.
One month old?

And the page starts with the "nightly builds" sentences and then mentions the Beta version. That is mentioned with very big characters on the web page.

If you followed this trail from the first post, you would have seen that we don't mention the play store. We are both Beta users or nightly build users.
And the fact that a version is not immediately available for all users in the Play Store is a Google policy to reduce massive downloads for one app. 1-3 days later it will be.

Harry van der Wolf

Dec 11, 2022, 1:29:36 PM12/11/22
to osm...@googlegroups.com

Op zo 11 dec. 2022 om 19:28 schreef Harry van der Wolf <hvd...@gmail.com>:
The link is posted December 2022.

I mean the page is posted December 2022.

lodrog...@gmail.com

Dec 11, 2022, 4:08:50 PM12/11/22
to OsmAnd
this link is one month old. I have found it from 13/11. Maybe it was earlier. see those two changes of month

the first beta 4.3.0 appears on playstore on 10/11

the 4.3.2 final start update to playstore on 08/12. Not for all, the 90% of users has the 4.2.7

lodrog...@gmail.com

Dec 12, 2022, 1:51:21 AM12/12/22
to OsmAnd
from this moment, 4.3.2 has become FINAL for all users

Harry van der Wolf

Dec 12, 2022, 5:52:07 AM12/12/22
to osm...@googlegroups.com
OK, thank you.
you are right indeed.

Op ma 12 dec. 2022 om 07:51 schreef lodrog...@gmail.com <lodrog...@gmail.com>:
from this moment, 4.3.2 has become FINAL for all users

Message has been deleted