License of POI data found in obf files

Michał Brzozowski

Jul 25, 2022, 12:36:55 PMJul 25
to OsmAnd
Hi,

I'm working on a mapping application and I'm thinking of using some of Osmand's data found in: https://osmand.net/list.php. In particular, I'm interested in the POIs database, as it seems to be more complete than what can be extracted from Openstreetmaps. I wasn't able to find any information on what were the sources of this data. Is there some license under which I could use it?

Thank you,
Michal

Greg Troxel

Jul 25, 2022, 1:22:24 PMJul 25
to Michał Brzozowski, OsmAnd
I am unaware of non-OSM data being available in the
country/state/etc. obf files. I find that the data matches
OpenStreetMap, except that some OSM elements aren't carried over to the
obf, usually obscure things. But shops, restaurants it matches exactly.
I know because I use OsmAnd to notice what is wrong in the field and
then edit OSM later fairly often, and it all seems to match.

Can you explain more precisely which file you mean and what you find
that is not in OpenStreetMap?
signature.asc