street-based filtering of map data?

Rich Morin

Sep 15, 2022, 10:25:48 AM9/15/22
to osm...@googlegroups.com
This isn't an OsmAnd-specific question, but it can't hurt to start here (:-). So...

I'd like a way to do street-based filtering of map data. My use case is that I recently moved to a new location (Marysville, WA, USA) and would like to generate maps that only show streets and features that I'm likely to use a lot. That is, for a 10-mile radius around my house, I'd like to see:

- routes in and out of my neighborhood
- favorite shopping centers and stores
- highways and major arterial roadways

Might anyone have any suggestions?

-r

Xavier

Sep 15, 2022, 10:32:11 AM9/15/22
to osm...@googlegroups.com
For this, you are much more likely to be able to get what you want by
querying the OpenStreetMap data directly. One way to do that is to use
the Overpass API, main homepage here: http://overpass-api.de/

There is a web based query frontend here: https://overpass-turbo.eu/

Note, however, to be successful with this you will have to also take a
deep dive into OpenStreetMap data itself, so the OSM wiki will likely
prove helpful: https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Main_Page

Harry van der Wolf

Sep 16, 2022, 2:13:10 PM9/16/22
to osm...@googlegroups.com
Or use OsmAndMapCreator and create your own maps. Select the 10 mile radius around your position and use that one.

And also look further. There is a lot of useful info on osmand.net

Harry