How to import Favorites to OsmAnd+?

voldemar_d

Jan 13, 2013, 12:49:01 AM1/13/13
to osm...@googlegroups.com
Just bought OsmAnd+. It said that I should export my Favorites from OsmAnd and import them to OsmAnd+.

How can I do it?

DLichti

Jan 13, 2013, 2:50:26 AM1/13/13
to osm...@googlegroups.com
Start OsmAnd -> go to main menu -> favourites -> open context menu -> export
Same for import, but hit import in the last step.

OsmAnd will export your favourites to and import them from favourites.gpx in your osmand folder.

David

Stephen Lea

Aug 8, 2021, 12:08:42 PM8/8/21
to OsmAnd
Adding to this very old thread because it needs to be somewhere on the web, and I couldn't find it...
It seems that more recent versions of Osmand don't have menu items called Favorites, or Import and Export anywhere.  However, the functionality is still there.
To Export, use the main menu and go to My Places.  Use the Share button and select an app that will create a file (e.g. Drive).  This will place a file called favorites.gpx in whatever location you have chosen.  You can change its name later if you want to, e.g. to tag where you exported it from
To import, use the main menu and go to My Places.  Use the + button, and read file favorites.gpx (or whatever you have called it) from wherever you have placed it.
Worked for me, anyway (Android 9 exporting to Android 11, Osmand+ version 3.9.10)