JOSM waypoint generation -> OSMAnd GPX/Marker

Florian Lohoff

Apr 21, 2024, 6:57:24 PMApr 21
to osm...@googlegroups.com

Hi,
does anyone have a good workflow for exporting kind of markers/waypoints
from JOSM to OSMAnd for verification on ground?

I thought of having a osm file in josm in a second layer and adding
notes, saving them as gpx, via syncthing onto the mobile, import
into osmand, convert to markers.

The issue is this is pretty error prone - accidentally loading
osm data into your marker layer, accidentally uploading your
markers to osm etc.

So basically i was thinking about a GPX Waypoint Editor in
JOSM or something.

And no - OSM Notes is not an option as i have grumpy mappers
around me having a very strict view what notes may be used for
and not tolerating other peoples work flows.

Flo
--
Florian Lohoff f...@zz.de
signature.asc

Florian Lohoff

Apr 23, 2024, 2:58:27 AMApr 23
to osm...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, Apr 22, 2024 at 12:57:16AM +0200, Florian Lohoff wrote:

> Hi,
> does anyone have a good workflow for exporting kind of markers/waypoints
> from JOSM to OSMAnd for verification on ground?

Okay - I'd like to have the possibility for OSMAnd to fetch stuff
from the Network. E.g. a "Marker group". In the simplest form its a
static file, a preferred dynamic form would be a simple API (self hosted) which
fetches and updates markers when passed. Could be simple
sqlite based setup or the like.

While thinking this through a "Push notification for fetching a routing
destination" would also be nice for OSMAnd - Think of "Emergency
Services" and OSMAnd on the "In car dashboard tablet". In case of
Alarming the push goes to the tablet and OSMAnd immediatly starts
calculating the route even before people enter the car. Just a thought.

Now - to the setup i created - I have a second layer in JOSM with
markers. This layer only consists of nodes with e.g. "fixme=Take picture of
pipeline marker"

The layer is a static file which is marked as "no upload" "no download"

<osm version='0.6' download='never' upload='never' generator='JOSM'>

so josm will never upload this layer, nor will it merge downloaded data
into it.

Then i have an incron service which converts the markers.osm file to
an markers.gpx file whenever it gets written with a little perl script
i wrote:

https://github.com/flohoff/osm-fixme-to-gpx

These files reside in a folder in sync with "Syncthing" to my mobile
phone.

So when i get on the Bike to cycle around i delete the markers group
and gpx track in OSMAnd - reimport the gpx track and generate markers
from it.
signature.asc