Naar het eerste ongelezen bericht

Gregory Joyner

ongelezen,
7 feb 2021, 01:24:5907-02-2021
aan OsmAnd
Hello all,

I searched this in "conversations" but did not find a specific answer.

I am touring by bicycle in Eastern Thailand, the Isan area.    My base profile is set to Cycling and under "Navigation Settings"  then "Route Parameters" then "Avoid Roads"...  I have turned on "No Unpaved Roads" and also "No cobblestone or sett".

Still, it keeps routing me down unpaved dirt and gravel roads.   My bicycle is not set up for these conditions.

Any suggestions?   Thank you in advance for any help.

Sincerely,

Greg Joyner

Poutnik Fornntp

ongelezen,
7 feb 2021, 02:07:0207-02-2021
aan osm...@googlegroups.com, Gregory Joyner
Hi,

First step is always checking on https://www.openstreetmap.org ( the data source for OsmAnd ),
if the affected  roads are properly mapped and tagged, according to reality.

As OsmAnd and all applications relying on OSM knows only the reality mapped there.

It may be the case the road surface or even the road class is not mapped properly.

Dne 7. února 2021 7:25:02 Gregory Joyner <gregor...@gmail.com> napsal:

Poutnik Fornntp

ongelezen,
7 feb 2021, 06:23:0907-02-2021
aan osm...@googlegroups.com, Gregory Joyner

P.S.: Another reason may be, if all is mapped properly, that unpaved surfaces are not hard-forbidden, but are allowed with low priority ( high penalty ).

The reason for it is not to fail routing, if there is no other option but using such roads. Such situation may happen if such roads are in "first or last mile" of the route, or at some routing bottleneck, so they cannot be avoided.

Another variant of reason is, there is other option but very disadvantageous according to routing algorithm. Like 500 m of unpaved road versus 10 km of paved detour.(just illustratively).

And another reason may be still N OsmAnd bug.

Dne 7. února 2021 8:06:57 Poutnik Fornntp <poutni...@gmail.com> napsal:

P Wat

ongelezen,
22 feb 2021, 04:01:4122-02-2021
aan OsmAnd
>Poutnik - Sorry Off Topic - If you are the same Poutnik as on Brouter, can you explain why my attempts to posts on Brouter are immediately deleted?  Are you able to restore my access to posting?  Thanks - Paul W.

Poutnik Fornntp

ongelezen,
22 feb 2021, 06:04:4322-02-2021
aan osm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Paul,

yes, the same person. But I am an ordinary user on BRouter Google group.

Check if you post by valid account registered for that group, and if you have configured that group for email posting.

Who knows, perhaps Google modified your Google group settings.

Otherwise, ask Arndt, the brouter author, he is the owner of the group.

Dne 22. února 2021 10:01:46 "'P Wat' via OsmAnd" <osm...@googlegroups.com> napsal:

P Wat

ongelezen,
22 feb 2021, 06:11:3222-02-2021
aan OsmAnd
> Poutnik - Thanks - I'll follow that up.  - Keep well! Paul W

Poutnik Fornntp

ongelezen,
22 feb 2021, 09:17:5422-02-2021
aan osm...@googlegroups.com

As a workaround, try temporary posting from the Google groups web interface, until the issue is resolved.

Dne 22. února 2021 10:01:46 "'P Wat' via OsmAnd" <osm...@googlegroups.com> napsal:

>Poutnik - Sorry Off Topic - If you are the same Poutnik as on Brouter, can you explain why my attempts to posts on Brouter are immediately deleted?  Are you able to restore my access to posting?  Thanks - Paul W.
Allen beantwoorden
Auteur beantwoorden
Doorsturen
0 nieuwe berichten