wikipedia vs wikidata vs wikidata and wikipedia

Mateusz Konieczny

Jul 5, 2023, 4:00:07 AM7/5/23
to Openstreetmap Slovakia
Is there a clear preference among Slovakia community for either:

- using wikipedia tag only (like on https://www.openstreetmap.org/relation/14927351 ) [for human readability]

- using wikidata tag only (like on https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/780554612 ) [for stability of link, as Wikidata identifiers are more stable than article names]

- using both wikidata and wikipedia (like on https://www.openstreetmap.org/node/385075802 ) [for having bot link stability and human readability]

- considering all variants as equally fine [for avoiding any edits that would add matching `wikidata` or matching `wikipedia` or remove one of this tags]

- no clear consensus

?

T. -

Jul 5, 2023, 11:04:33 PM7/5/23
to Openstreetmap Slovakia
Hi,
as no one replied so far, I will try: I found no discussion regarding the topic here on this google group, so I assume no such consensus exists.
I personally am adding  both - Wikidata and Wikipedia (preferably slovak version) tags using JOSM Wikipedia plugin and  osm.wikidata.link tool + cleaning the errors by using your QA tool.
Tomas_J

Martin Ždila

Jul 6, 2023, 5:00:43 AM7/6/23
to osm...@googlegroups.com