Is it OK to tag addr:flats / ref / ref:signed=no on entrance to an partment building?

Mateusz Konieczny

May 19, 2022, 2:23:31 PM5/19/22
to Openstreetmap Slovakia
Hello and sorry for writing in English. I am implementing something in StreetComplete and I want to ask is it something that should be enabled in Slovakia.

Is it typical that entrance in an apartment with multiple entrance will have:

- signed range of flats, for example addr:flats=81-94 on entrance to staircase with flats 81 to 94
and/or
- ref=VI on entrance to staircase with code VI

Example from Poland: https://www.google.pl/maps/@50.0202346,19.9033715,3a,42.4y,202.36h,95.55t/data=!3m7!1e1!3m5!1sxM7gDCmkjQPWpvJaXWIG9A!2e0!5s20140601T000000!7i13312!8i6656

I am asking as I am unsure whether this quest should be enabled in your area or not.

For reference, work on this is tracked in

It will be enabled in Poland, Bulgaria, Russia, Ukraine, Belarus

Czech Republic community rejected this quest as not fitting in their area.

If you have some feedback about StreetComplete - the best place to report it is https://github.com/streetcomplete/StreetComplete/issues but you can also ping me in this thread for next few days.

Dodko

May 19, 2022, 2:44:14 PM5/19/22
to Openstreetmap Slovakia
Hi,
in Slovakia not use addr:flat, table from number flats is only indoor apartments building.

Entrance to staircase has number in addr:streetnumber https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:addr:streetnumber

Dátum: štvrtok 19. mája 2022, čas: 20:23:31 UTC+2, odosielateľ: matko...@gmail.com

Aceman444

May 21, 2022, 6:27:06 PM5/21/22
to Openstreetmap Slovakia
Hi.

As Dodko said, we do not use these tags in Slovakia regularly, there may be very few cases (if any) of such markings on buildings.
Our situation is similar as in the Czech republic.
If a specific mapper wants to add such tag for a real case, it is no problem. But I do not recommend asking the value of these tags on every address/staircase as inexperienced mappers will write bogus values into it.

Thanks.