Southern Asia QC Project

Courtney Williamson

Dec 6, 2021, 11:31:25 AM12/6/21
to Openstreetmap Slovakia

Hello everyone,

I'm Courtney from TomTom. Would you prefer that I translate this message to Slovak? I would welcome a recommendation for a reliable online translator if so.

We used public instances of OSM QC tools such as Atlas and Osmose in addition to internal validation to detect potential map data issues in Southern Europe, including Slovakia.

The quality checks in the challenges for this project are mainly focused on potential issues that would impact the road network and tags that affect automotive navigation applications. Note that additional information is available in each challenge description. Furthermore, some challenges will occasionally show only a few or no tasks. We will update these challenges as new data becomes available.

We will begin working on these tasks in a few weeks.

Here is the project (for multiple countries in Southern Europe including Slovakia):

https://maproulette.org/browse/projects/46945

Let me know if you have any questions or suggestions. We are also interested to learn if there is any other topic we can support you with.

Courtney

Filip C

Dec 6, 2021, 3:45:49 PM12/6/21
to Openstreetmap Slovakia
Hello,

I completed almost every available task located in Slovakia (some are completed but system has not delete them [around 18 tasks], some needs visit [around 3 tasks]). When some new ones will appear I will try my best to implement them.

If you have some subscription link, where I can subscribe, if you will add new tasks I will appreciate it.

Filip009

Dátum: pondelok 6. decembra 2021, čas: 17:31:25 UTC+1, odosielateľ: ttom...@gmail.com

miro.j...@gmail.com

Dec 8, 2021, 3:22:09 AM12/8/21
to Openstreetmap Slovakia
@Courtney: Hi Courtney, I have translated your message to Slovak with google translate which does a good job in English->Slovak:

Prikladám preklad správy od Courtney, pre tých čo nehovoria po anglicky:
-----------------------
Ahojte všetci,

Som Courtney z TomTom. Boli by ste radšej, keby som túto správu preložil do slovenčiny? Ak áno, uvítam odporúčanie spoľahlivého online prekladača.

Okrem internej validácie sme použili verejné inštancie nástrojov OSM QC, ako sú Atlas a Osmose, aby sme odhalili potenciálne problémy s mapovými údajmi v južnej Európe vrátane Slovenska.

Kontroly kvality vo výzvach pre tento projekt sa zameriavajú najmä na potenciálne problémy, ktoré by mohli ovplyvniť cestnú sieť a značky, ktoré ovplyvňujú automobilové navigačné aplikácie. Všimnite si, že v popise každej výzvy sú k dispozícii ďalšie informácie. Okrem toho niektoré výzvy občas ukážu len niekoľko alebo žiadne úlohy. Tieto výzvy budeme aktualizovať, keď budú k dispozícii nové údaje.

Na týchto úlohách začneme pracovať o niekoľko týždňov.

Tu je projekt (pre viaceré krajiny južnej Európy vrátane Slovenska):

https://maproulette.org/browse/projects/46945

Ak máte nejaké otázky alebo návrhy, dajte nám vedieť. Máme tiež záujem dozvedieť sa, či existuje nejaká iná téma, s ktorou vás môžeme podporiť.

Courtney
--------
Dátum: pondelok 6. decembra 2021, čas: 21:45:49 UTC+1, odosielateľ: filipk...@gmail.com

miro.j...@gmail.com

Dec 8, 2021, 3:26:25 AM12/8/21
to Openstreetmap Slovakia
Hi

I have looked on one local task https://maproulette.org/challenge/23712/task/121084426 and it was confusing. It says: "This check identifies a way connected between two other ways whose name tag is the same."

I saw that mentioned way has a name, and it was between ways with different names, so it does not match the description. Ways were not modified in last months.

I saw that this way did not have "lanes" marked and it was between ways with marked "lanes". Maybe your task description was incorrect? I have added the lanes and marked task as closed.

  with regards, Miro

Dátum: pondelok 6. decembra 2021, čas: 17:31:25 UTC+1, odosielateľ: ttom...@gmail.com

Hello everyone,

A.In.The.K A.In.The.K

Dec 8, 2021, 11:26:03 AM12/8/21
to osm...@googlegroups.com
Btw: i would like Slovakia to be in Sourhern Europe :-)))

Sent from my iPhone

On 8 Dec 2021, at 09:26, miro.j...@gmail.com <miro.j...@gmail.com> wrote:

--
Túto správu ste dostali, pretože v Skupinách Google ste odberateľom skupiny "Openstreetmap Slovakia".
V prípade, že chcete zrušiť odber tejto skupiny a prestať od nej prijímať e-maily, zašlite e-mail na adresu osm_sk+un...@googlegroups.com.

Filip C

Dec 9, 2021, 4:50:30 AM12/9/21
to Openstreetmap Slovakia
For Not connected highway challenge I reccomend to not check:
highway=construction;
highway=proposed;
removed:highway=*;

Filip009
Dátum: streda 8. decembra 2021, čas: 17:26:03 UTC+1, odosielateľ: a.in....@gmail.com

Courtney Williamson

Dec 14, 2021, 8:34:37 AM12/14/21
to Openstreetmap Slovakia
Thanks everyone for your input!

Thank you as well for your recommendations regarding the Not connected highway challenge. I will also take this up with the team.

@Miro: Thanks for the translation and for your feedback on the task description. I understand your confusion. The full description is in the challenge description:
"Identify way connected between two ways whose name tag is the same. Flag the way if the way has a name tag different from the name tag of the ways connected to it or if there is no name tag."
Does this answer your question?
To avoid confusion in the future, we will look into extending the task descriptions.

Courtney

Filip C

Dec 14, 2021, 8:56:58 AM12/14/21
to Openstreetmap Slovakia
And in challenge Road name gap try to implement this scheme from wiki. Because there were a lot of not an issue tasks.

osm_junction.jpg
Dátum: utorok 14. decembra 2021, čas: 14:34:37 UTC+1, odosielateľ: ttom...@gmail.com

miro.j...@gmail.com

Dec 15, 2021, 2:59:29 PM12/15/21
to Openstreetmap Slovakia
Hi Courtney

it does not answer my question at all; as I mentioned - the way in the task was "between ways with different names" so it does not match the description - connected ways did not have the same name.

   with regards, Miro

Dátum: utorok 14. decembra 2021, čas: 14:34:37 UTC+1, odosielateľ: ttom...@gmail.com
Thanks everyone for your input!

Filip C

Dec 16, 2021, 11:54:14 AM12/16/21
to Openstreetmap Slovakia
Polygon is not closed
Why this challenge is scanning amenity=bench, that are mapped as a ways?
Please make them not scanned.
bench.jpg
Dátum: streda 15. decembra 2021, čas: 20:59:29 UTC+1, odosielateľ: miro.j...@gmail.com

Courtney Williamson

Dec 17, 2021, 9:20:50 AM12/17/21
to Openstreetmap Slovakia

@Filip009 and Miro

Thanks for your additional input about the 'Road Name Gap' challenge. We investigated this case, and indeed it looks like there are some issues causing false positives. We have now hidden these specific challenges to prevent users from contributing to them.

@Filip009

Secondly, we took a look at the 'Polygon is not closed' issue with the benches. Thank you for pointing this out as well–these cases should not be logged in the challenge. We have taken this up with our engineers and hope to have this fixed soon.

In the meantime, our team was also able to take a look at your comments about the 'Not Connected Highway' challenge. Indeed, highway=construction and highway=proposed should not be checked, thank you for this suggestion! The QA rule will be improved accordingly, and we will let you know when the challenge is updated. Removed:highway=* was never a part of this QA rule, so no violations should be logged for this case.

I also checked if there's a way to subscribe to a MapRoulette challenge, but unfortunately there's no built-in functionality for that. A bit of code would need to be written against the MapRoulette API.

Courtney

Filip C

Jan 1, 2022, 1:30:24 PMJan 1
to Openstreetmap Slovakia
Polygon is not closed
I think that it is not an issue when members of relations are not sorted properly. I have started some tasks and always multipolygon was closed, but members were not sorted properly.

Dátum: piatok 17. decembra 2021, čas: 15:20:50 UTC+1, odosielateľ: ttom...@gmail.com

Courtney Williamson

Jan 4, 2022, 2:04:14 PM (11 days ago) Jan 4
to Openstreetmap Slovakia
Thanks for your additional comment, Filip. I also passed this along to my team.
They are working with your feedback, and I will come back with an update next week.

Thanks again for sharing these comments, we really appreciate it.

Courtney

Courtney Williamson

Jan 10, 2022, 8:49:40 AM (5 days ago) Jan 10
to Openstreetmap Slovakia

Hi Filip009,

I just wanted to give you an update on our progress in implementing your comments.

The bench issue with the Polygon is not closed QA rule was actually resolved earlier last year. The tasks created in MapRoulette before that time will be carefully reviewed by our editors. The violations logged after that should not include benches.

Regarding your latest comment about Polygon is not closed issues in case the members of relations are not sorted properly: we actually do not check if members are sorted or not. If you encounter such a case again, could you please share the task ID with me? Then we will review it.

For the Not connected highway challenge: we are working on adapting the QA rule so highway=construction and highway=proposed are not logged.

Thank you again for all your valuable input!

Filip C

Jan 10, 2022, 3:37:14 PM (5 days ago) Jan 10
to Openstreetmap Slovakia
Polygon is not closed
I do not see any issue with these multipolygons.
https://maproulette.org/challenge/23703/task/121397293

These multipolygons are closed. They have good tags. Each way is part of that relation. Maybe it has scanned it in the past? I thinked that it is caused by not properly sorted relation, but now I do not think that, because these were sorted properly and you have had still find some issue.

Dátum: pondelok 10. januára 2022, čas: 14:49:40 UTC+1, odosielateľ: ttom...@gmail.com

Filip C

Jan 12, 2022, 4:40:30 AM (4 days ago) Jan 12
to Openstreetmap Slovakia
Polygon has self intersection
https://maproulette.org/challenge/23704/task/121397484
Please, if it is possible, just show me the way where is that intersection. In small multipolygons it's easy to find them, but in bigger ones like this one, I can not find it :(

Dátum: pondelok 10. januára 2022, čas: 21:37:14 UTC+1, odosielateľ: Filip C

TomTom

Jan 13, 2022, 4:34:29 AM (3 days ago) Jan 13
to Openstreetmap Slovakia
Hi Filip009,

Thank you for these additional comments.
These are also false positives, which were caused by issues with the QA rules that we solved last year as well. Again, our editors will carefully review these tasks. Projects created in the future will not contain such cases.

Courtney