Splash screen shows and nothing else happens.

long...@gmail.com

May 17, 2015, 5:51:05 PM5/17/15
to osm2garm...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I'm running Windows 8.1 and java version "1.8.0_45"
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.45-b02, mixed mode)

When starting the application, the splash screen shows, saying "loading cached objects"
After a few seconds the splash screen disappears, and nothing else happens.

I have tried to change the destination in my desktop link to "C:\Program Files\osm2garmin_1.2\bin\osm2garmin.exe" -J-Xmx5000m --jdkhome "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_45"
Executed as an administrator, and tried compatible modes as Windows 7/XP SP2/3

I have also tried to run from the command line, and I got this result

C:\Program Files\osm2garmin_1.2\bin>osm2garmin.exe

C:\Program Files\osm2garmin_1.2\bin>

The launcher has determined that the parent process has a console and will reuse
 it for its own console output. Closing the console will result in termination o
f the running program.
Use '--console suppress' to suppress console output.
Use '--console new' to create a separate console window.
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM warning: ignoring option PermSize=64M; support
 was removed in 8.0
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM warning: ignoring option MaxPermSize=256m; sup
port was removed in 8.0

I'm still not able to open the program beyond the splash screen.
Any suggestions?

Frantisek Mantlik

May 17, 2015, 6:04:19 PM5/17/15
to osm2garm...@googlegroups.com, long...@gmail.com, long...@gmail.com
Please try to remove PermSize and MaxPermSize parameters from the configuration file. You need to run Notepad as Administrator to be able to edit configuration file.