Map name shows twice

Ken Hadden

Dec 9, 2014, 7:52:36 PM12/9/14
to osm2garm...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I successfully generated a west coast USA map, and have installed it on my Oregon 450's SD Card. But when I boot the device and go to the maps selection menu, my map shows twice in the list.
So in other words, I renamed the gmapsupp.img file to OSM_USA_West.img. And placed it on the SD Card. I have verified that the file does not exist in the device's Garmin and Garmin folder. And only one version of the map exists on the SD Card Garmin folder. I.e. there are not two files on the SD Card with different names. Yet, under map selection I see the OSM Street Map USA West map listed twice. This is the only map that does this so far. I also have the Topo! 24k map on the SD Card and it shows only once.

Any suggestions?
Ken.

Frantisek Mantlik

Dec 10, 2014, 7:43:03 AM12/10/14
to osm2garm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ken,

Sorry, I do not have an opportunity to try maps on an Oregon unit. On Vista and similar Garmin devices the map shows just once. Maybe you can try to rename it back to gmapsupp.img? Older units do not allow more than one mapset and renaming is not possible.

Regards

Frank