Issue 131 in osm2garmin: Extremely slow torrent downloads - how to manually download?

osm2g...@googlecode.com

Aug 23, 2014, 10:05:09 AM8/23/14
to mant...@gmail.com
Owner: ----
Labels: Type-Defect Priority-Medium OpSys-Windows

New issue 131 by indigode...@gmail.com: Extremely slow torrent downloads -
how to manually download?
https://code.google.com/p/osm2garmin/issues/detail?id=131

What steps will reproduce the problem?
1. Click the world map icon
2. Select one region.
3. Click Start.

I expect the torrent download to speed up over time but it stays extremely
slow. After 1 hour, I have still downloaded only 0.15% of the planet
file. I try to manually download the planet.osm files, and they go at a
tremendous rate. It might be my ISP limiting torrents, but I cannot do
anything about that. Can I download the relevant files manually and have
osm2garmin process them? If so, can you please advise what I need to do?

Thanks.

issue notifications to this address.

osm2g...@googlecode.com

Aug 24, 2014, 10:20:28 AM8/24/14
to mant...@gmail.com

Comment #2 on issue 131 by indigode...@gmail.com: Extremely slow torrent
downloads - how to manually download?
https://code.google.com/p/osm2garmin/issues/detail?id=131

Thanks for the reply. This will do the trick.

Regards,

Ian.

osm2g...@googlecode.com

Nov 20, 2014, 1:24:51 AM11/20/14
to mant...@gmail.com

Comment #3 on issue 131 by gbechth...@gmail.com: Extremely slow torrent
downloads - how to manually download?
https://code.google.com/p/osm2garmin/issues/detail?id=131

I have downloaded the planet file all 27GB. You say the Osm2Garmin working
directory, which one is that dev,map,...? I have tried Osm2garmin and dev
but I still am getting:

usa_west contours update started.
Resuming broken download of planet-140918
Downloading SRTM map data.
SRTM map filled in with 14546 entries.
Bad response code from server 404 - Not Found.
Download error.

Any ideas?